• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Went to the Kokomo Gun show on Sunday. My son, a friend and I were wandering around looking, occasionally going out for a Cig break, when about 1:00 ~ 1:30 the entire building went black!

We maneuvered our way out of the building and sat in my van smoking for about a half hour, noticing all the power to the area on both sides of the highway was out. Really wanted to cover the last few aisles but after a while gave up. Drove south about 3 or 4 mile before saw traffic lights and some businesses powered up again. Did get to eat at the Cracker Barrel - they were about 1 mile south of the outage!

Did see that many AR's and AR parts are in stock and really dropping in price. One table had several DPMS base models for $819 to a little under $900. Other brands were also in stock and just a hundred or so above last years price. Uppers were there for $350 (no Bolt group) did see some CBG's - don't remember the price.

Ammo available but still way high, didn't see anyone buying AR's or Ammo.

Ended up all we bought were 3 leather belts. I had seen some thing I intended to purchase before leaving. Would probably have purchased a few, but real hard to do in the dark!

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I agree. Ammo was still way too high.. I showed with a case of. 223 ammo to sell/trade. I had my stuff priced waaay cheaper than the vendors there and it still took a couple hours to sell... wasn't alot of buying goin on while I was there( sat. 10-2). There were plenty of AR's and accessories but it seemed like everyone got there fill in the panic. I loaded up on a few mags that were reasonably priced. Anything. 22 is still surprisingly high! $60 bucks a box of 525!! That was cheapest too! Bx-25 mags $60 and I seen a bx-25 2 for $120 LOL! typical gunshow BS.. whatever is in demand be prepared to pay extra for.. seems like its gettin hard to find a deal at the gun shows anymore.

Top Bottom