• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Hi All - thinking of moving to some acreage in Danville. What is it like there regarding firearms? Anyone live there? Are the folks down to earth by and large? By that I mean less snooty etc than average. I am pretty laid back - jeans and a t-shirt kind of guy as is my whole family. Just want to be sure the area is a good fit. Thanks in advance for any advice!

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Great small town feel..... Minutes away from avon, shopping and what not.... if that sh*t interests you..... depending on if your in town or on the outskirts..... I've open carried in several places in Danville and have not had an incident with any LEOs or anything..... but that might be because I know a few of them....

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Danville? Indiana? T-Shirts and Jeans? If you have a pickup you will fit right in. Still kind of old school small town feel. I love it. Yes there are some snobs, thugs, farmers, lawyers, doctors, horticulturists... Good mix of good people. Decent size public park on US36 also. And its not that far from Avon, Brownsburg, or even Indianapolis. The only downside is the amount of traffic on US36 if going into Avon or Indianapolis. I prefer 39 to I74 if going to Indy.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've lived here for 6 or so years and like it real well. I have to drive further to work, but that's fine. I've lived in Speedway and Brownsburg, and I've liked all three places equally well, and was always surrounded by good people.

A big advantage in Danville is the Danville conservation club. It is nice having a shooting range just 5 minutes from my house. Of course, if you buy some acreage, you might not need the shooting range.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I grew up out that way, and live just up near Brownsburg now. Nice area, for the most part. Quiet, other than traffic on 36. Firearms aren't a big deal. Heck, I think everyone Danville and west are armed! I hear shotguns from the trap range out by me all the time, and several folks have their own little ranges out here.

Crime is pretty low. Petty stuff, mostly, like drugs and minor theft.

I'm hoping to pick up a little property out this way myself.

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    Be warned:
    The water royally SUCKS! You will need
    a softener at the least and thats in town
    on city water. We are on Indy water while the
    treatment plant is reconfigured and it has been
    a little better of late-hope it stays that way.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Danville is a great place to live. Check out all the different school systems if you have kids, because when you live in the country North of D-ville you could be close to three different school districts so decide which you want before picking a house.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Moved here from OK 10 years ago and landed in Brownsburg but after learning more about the area I would have chosen Danville over just about anywhere else. Of course my kids are now established in the schools here so I probably won't move until they are out of the house.

Top Bottom