• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I paid $1600 all said and done (pistol/shipping/transfer fees).

In regards to the Colt SCG, I will likely purchase one early next year. I decided I would rather get my carry 1911 first and preferred the DW to the standard framed Colt Commander. I also kind of like the idea of purchasing a Colt on it's 100 year anniversary.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I paid $1600 all said and done (pistol/shipping/transfer fees).

In regards to the Colt SCG, I will likely purchase one early next year. I decided I would rather get my carry 1911 first and preferred the DW to the standard framed Colt Commander. I also kind of like the idea of purchasing a Colt on it's 100 year anniversary.

Colt has two commemoratives coming out (Government size 1911s) but, from what I have read all 1911s produced during the commemorative year will have a marking, said to be "1911-2011". Colt is also supposed to be coming out this Fall with the Special Combat Officer which will be in the old CCO style of a Commander slide on a OACP frame. I will probably not be able to stop myself from getting one of those. :rockwoot: :D

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I really want a CCO, but I think I will have to go with the government model as my 1911-2011 commemorative model. However, depending on how nice their CCO is (and the price) I might just have to downgrade my choice of government model to a standard 80 series and add the CCO to the order!!! :D

Top Bottom