• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Do you KNOW THIS FOR A FACT, or are you just GUESSING?

I know for a fact you're basing it on AAC because you keep stating so. And it sounds like SilencerCo was genuinely going to try and repair it if they could. I made the last part up for humor. I also like AAC, I have two, but this isn't about a specific company. It's about the (lack of) action by the range.

But they're still not charging for a new one, they're replacing it for free. But there are still costs to be covered, that the range should in fact cover. Even if the can warranty was terrible and they didn't cover it all, it should be covered by the range for their negligence

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I know for a fact you're basing it on AAC because you keep stating so. And it sounds like SilencerCo was genuinely going to try and repair it if they could. I made the last part up for humor. I also like AAC, I have two, but this isn't about a specific company. It's about the (lack of) action by the range.

But they're still not charging for a new one, they're replacing it for free. But there are still costs to be covered, that the range should in fact cover. Even if the can warranty was terrible and they didn't cover it all, it should be covered by the range for their negligence

As I have stated, IF it was repairable before the range refused to retrieve the can, then yes they SHOULD be responsible for any costs associated with having it replaced. Just like AAC gave me a $400 .22 silencer to cover my costs of replacing my can because of their thread problems.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I agree with DanVoils the place has gone down hill. There all young kids who work there now and don't seem to have any experience or knowledge about guns. Its sad because it was a great addition to the far west side of Indy(well its not in Indy a outer suburb) and they have a good spot for a indoor range. I sure hope they do something to help with this by them not calling a cease fire shows how they have total lack of training and have employees who are not part of the gun culture community. This should have been worked out by now I feel. The range should either step up or not. I know they have cameras that would have caught it on tape and show where the shooter stopped and walked out to ask for a cease fire. I know they have them being you can see the screen with every lane when paying.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    As I have stated, IF it was repairable before the range refused to retrieve the can, then yes they SHOULD be responsible for any costs associated with having it replaced. Just like AAC gave me a $400 .22 silencer to cover my costs of replacing my can because of their thread problems.

Which it's been stated many times that it didn't have damage before they refused. So we agree, they should cover all costs :thumbsup:

mandreko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Lizton
    If it's helpful, this was SilencerCo's reply, regarding what caused it to not be repairable:

The damage to the outer tube caused from being shot is the only part we can not replace. Any other damage would be covered under our lifetime warranty. Due to ATF regulations, we are unable to replace the outer sleeve that is serialized.
    If the suppressor was not shot, we would be able to repair any damage caused from being shot off the muzzle.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    On a totally unrelated note, I'm looking to buy a new suppressor. Is there a particular gun shop that I should avoid?

:):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If it's helpful, this was SilencerCo's reply, regarding what caused it to not be repairable:

In other words, a baffle strike would not total their suppressor. Seems like either way, baffle strike or not, the range should be 100% liable.

mandreko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Lizton
    In other words, a baffle strike would not total their suppressor. Seems like either way, baffle strike or not, the range should be 100% liable.

This is pretty much where I'm at. However the owner of the range has only offered to replace the cover and split the tax stamp cost, leaving me with the majority of the associated costs. He explains that an FFL transfer fee could be waived if I had SilencerCo ship the suppressor there, but it seems like a stupid idea and conflict of interest to have this range handle the replacement.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    What is "the cover"?

Anything less than covering 100% is a slap in the face and **** poor service.

The covers on mine are outer heat resistant fabric shields. They reduce mirage from the heat rising off the can. They can be expensive.

Top Bottom