• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twinks46975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Rochester
    I’m trying to locate contact information to report damage done to standing live trees on private property by deer. I’m not sure if it’s just the DNR I contact or another state agency.
    I’m not sure if we can or will seek deprivation tags if that’s possible or seek other alternatives. I live in North Central Indiana.

Thanks in advance.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I’m trying to locate contact information to report damage done to standing live trees on private property by deer. I’m not sure if it’s just the DNR I contact or another state agency.
    I’m not sure if we can or will seek deprivation tags if that’s possible or seek other alternatives. I live in North Central Indiana.

Thanks in advance.
    What kind of damage? Just rub’s? How many trees? Any CO can help you out. They can put you in touch with the appropriate individual in your district. DNR maintains contact information for all of your districts officials it’s on their website. Most, if they are not in the field will answer your calls. Just go to IDNR site, n follow the links to your district’s officials.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    What kind of damage? Just rub’s? How many trees? Any CO can help you out. They can put you in touch with the appropriate individual in your district. DNR maintains contact information for all of your districts officials it’s on their website. Most, if they are not in the field will answer your calls. Just go to IDNR site, n follow the links to your district’s officials.
    And if you have enough trees, get in touch with your District Forester. They have a wealth of knowledge!

Their info is also on the DNR website.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Obviously a disgruntled buck did this damage. He was so focused, for so long enough, I'd stay out of those woods in fear of attack. That deer has a chip on his shoulder that nothing short of a hospital visit will satiate.
    Don't venture into those woods unarmed. :ar15:
    Disgruntled h***, see the size o those chips. :nailbite:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    If you look in the upper left you can see one they’ve got all but down, someone needs to get them out before the riverbank is distroyed n washed out.

edit, looks like there is one already down behind that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We've had to put cages around all of the fruit and nut trees we've planted on my buddy's farm. It adds a lot of cost and time to getting things established but the deer will destroy them in short order if we don't.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Lol. I figure I have trees to spare. Nice sitting by the pond watching them be beavers.
    We have needle beavers too! They chew the tops of the trees. IMG_20220402_093715755.jpg

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Obviously a disgruntled buck did this damage. He was so focused, for so long enough, I'd stay out of those woods in fear of attack. That deer has a chip on his shoulder that nothing short of a hospital visit will satiate.
    Don't venture into those woods unarmed. :ar15:
    Never ever unarmed. Biggest damn raccoons you ever saw up there! IMG_20210802_061743881.jpg

Twinks46975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Rochester
    This damage was to seedlings along and near a well known Indiana river. Several thousands of dollars were spent to plant and keep these alive. I have made a few calls this morning and think I’m on the correct path. It’s overwhelming to invite parties on private property but at some point the cost out ways all else if that makes sense. I appreciate your help.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    This damage was to seedlings along and near a well known Indiana river. Several thousands of dollars were spent to plant and keep these alive. I have made a few calls this morning and think I’m on the correct path. It’s overwhelming to invite parties on private property but at some point the cost out ways all else if that makes sense. I appreciate your help.
    Glad to assist. Hope you folks can save as many as possible. I’ve got to wonder if the DNR may be able to help get you free replacements from Jasper-Polaski nursery. After all it protects the riverbank.

Well if you are in Rochester chances are good it’s the Tippy. I’ve put my canoe in at a friends house on the river in Talma then fished to the river junction with the Wabash. Took 4 days, three nights. Saw some great sights. Now that was some years ago.

Have a good weekend.

Twinks46975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Rochester
    Glad to assist. Hope you folks can save as many as possible. I’ve got to wonder if the DNR may be able to help get you free replacements from Jasper-Polaski nursery. After all it protects the riverbank.

Well if you are in Rochester chances are good it’s the Tippy. I’ve put my canoe in at a friends house on the river in Talma then fished to the river junction with the Wabash. Took 4 days, three nights. Saw some great sights. Now that was some years ago.

Have a good weekend.
    You would have had to of passed by on your journey to the Wabash. It’s not possible to pass us if you put in at Talma. It’s an overwhelming task, do the right thing and invest over 25K and stand by and wait it out. I’m sure of the fact that we have spoken to many people of authority on our way here to save what we can without taking the next step. It’s not the good old days of shoot now ask questions later. There’s a lot that goes into planning and follow up. Sometimes the normal phone numbers lead no where. Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have recent experience trying to contact the state. I wish you better luck. Stay on it and someone will help. Takes a bit sometimes.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

You would have had to of passed by on your journey to the Wabash. It’s not possible to pass us if you put in at Talma. It’s an overwhelming task, do the right thing and invest over 25K and stand by and wait it out. I’m sure of the fact that we have spoken to many people of authority on our way here to save what we can without taking the next step. It’s not the good old days of shoot now ask questions later. There’s a lot that goes into planning and follow up. Sometimes the normal phone numbers lead no where. Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated.
    Not all that long ago in the grand scheme of time, pre 401k and like vehicles for saving for retirement money. Some folk planted large swaths of hardwood trees in the hope they could log them after retirement and use the money to live on. We still see some of those places that have been passed down to following generations. Some of my best mushroom spots have trees over a hundred years old and they are planted in rows. Warren n Fountain county’s. Best to ya.

Top Bottom