• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I plan to camp for a few days at Dale Hollow, but then also get a room at a lodge, or a cabin for another couple of days. I'll be kayak fishing mostly. I've just spent an hour going over most of the Dale Hollow threads. I've seen a reference to Henrick's Creek Resort. How's the camping at the KY state park? Should I go over to the TN side as well? Any advice? THX !!

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have spent many years visiting Hendricks Creek Resort in KY. Just a short distance Southward out of the cove, and you will be in TN waters. This resort is very nice and the Family Style cabins are excelent for two or three days visits! The owner Patty runs a First Class Operation! Sunday Church Services are also available at the resort. If you plan on fishing while there, just make very sure you have both state fishing licenses with you or fish one or the other state waters. Good Luck, and have a GREAT time at the Hollow!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Fished many times out of holly creek. Been many years ago but always late May early June. Love to fish there. With a kayak you’ll be able to get back in areas most boats can’t fish.
    Have fun when you go

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Spent 2 nights in a tent at the state park and another 2 nights at Hendricks Creek. Had a good time despite not catching any fish. Beautiful place. Thanks for the suggestions.

Attachments

• 20230627_145333[1].jpg
      20230627_145333[1].jpg
      268.5 KB · Views: 7

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We had a cabin cruiser and houseboat at Sulphur Creek for about 10 years. The owner was a real jerk and the place always stunk due to leaking underwater gas wells. We finally had enough and moved out.

Mike’s Landing Restaurant at Sulphur Creek used to have a nice breakfast buffet but they got rid of it and I’m not sure what it’s like now.

The State Park has a nice lodge and really good food, at least as of a few years ago.

We went over to Hendricks Creek to buy boat parts a few times, but I don’t have any experience staying there.

Sunset Resort on the east and of the lake is about an hour longer drive but having stayed there it was far nicer than Sulphur Creek or Hendricks Creek and had a beautiful campground and restaurant.

If I was going back down there for a visit, I would definitely drive a bit further and stay at Sunset unless something significant has changed down there.

Reactions: DCR

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Wow! Thanks very much for that suggestion, Mr B. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Top Bottom