• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My sister lives in Atlanta. She just sent me a firsthand account that I'll post here:
    So this is interesting...this local gun and ammo store near us posted today that the company they run credit cards through had dropped them. They said they will not be working with gun and ammo dealers anymore. They called their bank and they told them basically the same thing. Looks like companies are dropping these local places...

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My sister lives in Atlanta. She just sent me a firsthand account that I'll post here:
    So this is interesting...this local gun and ammo store near us posted today that the company they run credit cards through had dropped them. They said they will not be working with gun and ammo dealers anymore. They called their bank and they told them basically the same thing. Looks like companies are dropping these local places...
    Disturbing, but not surprised. New laws don't need passed. The Blue-backed cronies of the elite will cut us off at the knees as you just described. Buy while you can fellas.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Some folks are more equal than others. Always interesting when someone is deemed a protected class then one can't discriminate by penalty of law and yet when one is not, it's all good by that same law. Whatever happened to being created equal. Hypocrisy abounds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The whole banking thing is not new fellas.

CKW and I had a great adult time day. Refreshing.

I think we will watch John Wick III tonight. I got the DVD for Christmas.

No gun related news this day.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The whole banking thing is not new fellas.

CKW and I had a great adult time day. Refreshing.

I think we will watch John Wick III tonight. I got the DVD for Christmas.

No gun related news this day.
    WOW ..... I didn't realize that John Wick III had come out. Jealous !

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had an awesome range trip today. Did some more 457 ammo testing, with great results. Talked to the Club President and was informed they're having their first NRL22 competition in the spring. I believe one weekend before SGE.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Talked to the Club President and was informed they're having their first NRL22 competition in the spring. I believe one weekend before SGE.

Start practicing now. Get your hold overs (unders) for 25, 35, 40, 50, 60, 75, 80, 90 and 100 yards memorized ahead. Practice standing, kneeling, prone and resting in awkward positions resting on other objects and moving between them. It's always 10 shots in 2 minutes and sometimes you will not get all 10 shots off.

Sometimes the 100yd target will be a generous 6" but that's rare. Go to the NRL22 website and start looking at the monthly course of fire. You can also download target sheets with all the target sizes they use.

It is a fun game and makes you very good at hold overs. Go for it!

Get a Weibad Mini Fortune Cookie Bag...you will use it a lot.

Dropped your package off at a UPS Access Point today.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Start practicing now. Get your hold overs (unders) for 25, 35, 40, 50, 60, 75, 80, 90 and 100 yards memorized ahead. Practice standing, kneeling, prone and resting on awkward positions resting on other objects and moving between them. It's always 10 shots in 2 minutes and sometimes you will not get all 10 shots off.

Sometimes the 100yd target will be a generous 6" but that's rare. Go to the NRL22 website and start looking at the monthly course of fire. You can also download target sheets with all the target sizes they use.

It is a fun game and makes you very good at hold overs. Go for it!

Get a Weibad Mini Fortune Cookie Bag...you will use it a lot.

Dropped your package off at a UPS Access Point today.
    Awesome advice. I saved a screenshot of this future reference. I need to read up more on NRL22, I know very little so far. I have a couple of Weibad bags already and love them. I will definitely grab the mini fortune cookie as well.

Thanks again!

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    My CZ 97B has been sitting in Indy since 5am yesterday. USPS did not move it today even though it was scheduled to be delivered today. Tuesday is the earliest I could get it now. Not pleased.
    My 2-day priority shipment from Midway sat in Indy for two days. Not exactly what I expected by 2-day priority.

Ordered some paper targets to practice with - I'm thinking about paying for a membership at the local paid range. Kinda hate to do it ... I don't particularly like their attitudes, but there's not many ranges near Lafayette that I know of.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    https://nrl22.org/

https://nrl22.org/downloads/

And practice shooting support side. If you normally shoot right handed, support side is left handed.

Sound fun yet?:laugh:
    I've practiced shooting support side in the past, but never with a bolt gun, so that will be a new experience.

The research has begun and I already see one issue, deciding on base or open class. My current setup would put me into open class, because of my scope. Part of me wants to find a way to fund a base class rifle build and I did see a MKII FV-SR in Antwerp today for $269. And of course, I still have a Tikka T1X in the back of my mind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My 2-day priority shipment from Midway sat in Indy for two days. Not exactly what I expected by 2-day priority.

Ordered some paper targets to practice with - I'm thinking about paying for a membership at the local paid range. Kinda hate to do it ... I don't particularly like their attitudes, but there's not many ranges near Lafayette that I know of.
    What range....???

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    And of course, I still have a Tikka T1X in the back of my mind.
    Great, now I have to add that to the list for when I pick up a bolt 22. I hope you're happy.

What range....???
    Oh, Applied Ballistics. As far as I know, there aren't any else around Laf. They have always come across as condescending to me. I pretty much only interact with them to enter and pay... Things I would consider to be pretty easy to be friendly at. I've never worked in the gun industry, but when I worked retail as a teenager and bachelor's student I always considered being friendly as part of the gig.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great, now I have to add that to the list for when I pick up a bolt 22. I hope you're happy.

Oh, Applied Ballistics. As far as I know, there aren't any else around Laf. They have always come across as condescending to me. I pretty much only interact with them to enter and pay... Things I would consider to be pretty easy to be friendly at. I've never worked in the gun industry, but when I worked retail as a teenager and bachelor's student I always considered being friendly as part of the gig.
    Yup. There are a couple but this one sticks in my mind for exactly this.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ordered a couple more 320 compact mags from Academy today as I had a $20 coupon. After coupon still not a smoking deal, but better than others for OEM mags.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom