• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Weird question but does anyone have 2 wedding rings? Mine has been beat to hell from work and id kind of like to have a nice one for more special occasions. My current one is just a black titanium band but i saw an ad for these on Hulu, started browsing and found this. I kinda dig it, its tungsten, and only $275. Mrs.BRC suggest i get a new one a while ago and i shrugged it off since i couldnt really find another one i liked and didnt want to pay $500 for a plain black tungsten one from Kay. Thoughts?
    Not exactly the same, but my old man is a car mechanic, so back when my parents were married he only wore his wedding band when he went out to bars, etc. with friends without my mother. I wouldn't judge you for a second ring, but some folks would. I'm only engaged, but don't anticipate wearing a ring daily unless the wife wants me to. The ring I bought was pretty fancy for everyday wear and I don't personally think that the ring is all that important - I carry four photos of us on me at all times, what do I need the ring for?

An excellent question. You'd think I would have bought one by now. Just never have gotten around to it.
    For shame. Find a beat up Ithaca 37. They're wonderful. I own several.. They're great. I can bring my short and regular LOP 20s to SGE if you're interested in trying them.

As a lefty, the bottom ejecting is pretty awesome. Haven't fired an 870, to be honest. For the price of used 37s, why quibble with the cheapened new 870s.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    For shame. Find a beat up Ithaca 37. They're wonderful. I own several.. They're great. I can bring my short and regular LOP 20s to SGE if you're interested in trying them.
    That would be lovely! Only...I just need the short one. The only shotgun that ever has felt normal was a kid sized one. I have t-rex arms.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not exactly the same, but my old man is a car mechanic, so back when my parents were married he only wore his wedding band when he went out to bars, etc. with friends without my mother. I wouldn't judge you for a second ring, but some folks would. I'm only engaged, but don't anticipate wearing a ring daily unless the wife wants me to. The ring I bought was pretty fancy for everyday wear and I don't personally think that the ring is all that important - I carry four photos of us on me at all times, what do I need the ring for?

As a lefty, the bottom ejecting is pretty awesome. Haven't fired an 870, to be honest. For the price of used 37s, why quibble with the cheapened new 870s.
    I still want a 37.... won’t consider an 870 unless it’s an old one. Don’t want a mossy rattle trap... just waiting for the right 37 to come along...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My old one... don’t mind the photo stamp, it’s the only pic I got left... wish I could remember who bought it... i loved that gun... if anyone knows of a 12ga for decent money, I’m interested...

C80D1FCF-9BA6-4E07-9358-5A38EE7F8BB8.jpeg

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    That would be lovely! Only...I just need the short one. The only shotgun that ever has felt normal was a kid sized one. I have t-rex arms.
    Haha. Sure thing. The LOP might be somewhere in between kid's and man LOP. I think It's shortened by about 1". I bought a bunch of midgrade ammo back in summer before things got too crazy. Shotgunning is like the only thing I have enough stock for SGE. I'll likely only come one day, but can for sure bring plenty of 20 gauge.

I still want a 37.... won’t consider an 870 unless it’s an old one. Don’t want a mossy rattle trap... just waiting for the right 37 to come along...
    I'm just selling the one 20 gauge, and I don't think it's what you'd want if I remember our earlier discussion. I have one 12, three 20, and selling off the super fancy stocked 20 gauge. The 12 gauge stays with me until I die. A little gun grease on the slide, and they are a wonderful action. My new Ithaca 20 gauge waterfowler is not quite as smooth. Needs to be broken in a little before SGE. Your old one looks nice! I paid a little on the high side for mine, but it's a two barreled set, one extra long for turkey (fixed full choke but only 2-3/4") and one normal length barrel (with 3" chamber & interchangeable chokes). Beautiful gun with straight grained walnut. Not fancy figure, but still quite beautiful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom