• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    I was in a local shop today and saw a CZ P07 for the first time, and I immediately fell in love with it. Do any of you have them? What's your take? I want it for CC and HD, any opinions appreciated!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    CZ makes great pistols! I have CZ 75s and an 83 and some 452 rifles. All shoot and perform well. No real experience with the P07. Where was it if you don't mind me asking. Not many CZ pistols in shops around here.

Last edited:

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    It was at Indy Trading Post. They had several CZs, they said they just started stocking them. I believe they had a 75, and two P07's, one 9mm and one 40. I think I may just pick up the 9mm tomorrow if it's still there.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have one in 9mm. It is an excellent value. I wouldn't sell or trade it for more than I paid, so I'm stuck with it - even though I want to thin out the 9mm herd here.

I'd read up on the model at "The Original CZ Forum" before you buy one. They are an econo version of the CZ line. And while mine has been great, others have had a few problems.

Like: a slight bulge in the polymer frame (mine has developed this and it doesn't impact reliability, but if I were to know about the common fault beforehand, I might have not bought it).

Also, some magazines were not dropping freely through a certain run of serial numbers, I believe. My P07 ejects empty and full mags - it didn't at first, over time it became more consistent and reliable.

.40's seemed temperamental from things I've read - but I'd still want to try one.

Check those things out - maybe they'd let you shoot one at the range if you make clear you're intending to buy it.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up! I've been looking to get back into 9mm ever since my M&P 9c was stolen in 2008... I've gone from .45GAP to .380 for the last year and I'm ready to go back to 9mm. I went to 4 stores today and looked at a TON of 9mm, and after holding a M&P again I didn't feel like it fit my hand the way it used to. I loved the feel of the CZ even though in DA mode the trigger pull was pretty long for me. Overall I was pretty impressed and I definitely felt the most comfortable with it in my hand.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    After spending the last couple of hours researching the p07 I'm becoming a little more hesitant to commit to it... It seems that there are quite a few issues that people have had and I want to know that my CC gun is reliable...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I personally went through the same delima when I was looking into getting another CZ. YES I said ANOTHER. I liked the P-07 but endend up getting the P-01. The P-01 is NATO approved and If you dont know what that means then you should look up the NATO trials for a pistol. Its pretty grueling and the P-01 not only passed but it did so with flying colors. It out preformed almost every other platform thats ever been tested by NATO including the Glock and the Beretta. The P-01 is more expensive and harder to find but imho its well worth the money and is one of my personal favorite carry/HD guns. Infact its in the night stand right now with my Streamlight TLR-1 mounted on it.

Last edited:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm a CZ guy and think if you're going to look at a CZ go get a steel gun. The P-01 is great, the SP-01 and 75's are rock solid. I owned a Phantom before trading it away and didn't care for a polymer gun. I own a SP-01 Shadow and a 75BD is on it's way to me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I traded my CZ75BD for the P07. Why? for my wife.

I was a little concerned about bulging issues, but CZ is always good about fixing their guns and one trip to range was enough to make me believe it's a great gun.

How does it stack up against the CZ75?
    - It's lighter (much)
    - Better controls (decocker or safety)
    - Slightly less accurate
    - Different sights, Glock style
    - Better trigger

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Changed my mind. Went into Bradis today and got to handle a 2075 Rami and I was in love. Fit my hand perfectly and all the controls were easily accessible for me being a lefty. Put it on layaway and I'll be back in in a couple days to pick it up!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thank you for doing that!! I have had my eye on that little bugger for sometime now and would have bought it as soon as I was done paying off my current layaway. You saved my budget!!.......For now!!

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    I have one in 9mm. It is an excellent value. I wouldn't sell or trade it for more than I paid, so I'm stuck with it - even though I want to thin out the 9mm herd here.

I'd read up on the model at "The Original CZ Forum" before you buy one. They are an econo version of the CZ line. And while mine has been great, others have had a few problems.

Like: a slight bulge in the polymer frame (mine has developed this and it doesn't impact reliability, but if I were to know about the common fault beforehand, I might have not bought it).

Also, some magazines were not dropping freely through a certain run of serial numbers, I believe. My P07 ejects empty and full mags - it didn't at first, over time it became more consistent and reliable.

.40's seemed temperamental from things I've read - but I'd still want to try one.

Check those things out - maybe they'd let you shoot one at the range if you make clear you're intending to buy it.

from my understanding the new line of production have had these issues fixed

BJMANIS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Muncie
    The only con about the P07 is they are rough. I sold mine because it was tearing little holes in my side and tee shirts. Great shooter, Kinda sorta wish I had it back.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As soon as the P09 comes over, I might let my P07 go on trade. It has to be a .40 this time though.

It's hard to understand, but I just love the buggers.

Top Bottom