• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have one. Not much experience with other .22 rifles to compare it to.
    I shot a Ruger Precision Rimfire in 2020 and liked it but thought I would try the MTR. It is a superior gun, better barrel and trigger. But I'm also using better ammo so I'll have to try some good ammo in the RPR to see if it brings the RPR any closer to the MTR in shot placement.
    CZ mags are pricey (I paid $32@ for 5 round polymer mags and was glad to find them, thanks to INGOers) but easier to load than Ruger BX mags.
    Cheaper ammo doesn't chamber easily in the MTR and I'm assuming that you are shaving the bullet as it enters the chamber. I've also had some extraction issues with cheaper ammo.
    Even Eley Target, Club or Team don't shoot well in mine. Match barrel seems to need match ammo to chamber easily and get shot consistency.
    P1020620.JPG

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Does that have the single-set trigger? Really wished I could’ve picked up a Varmint .17 before they took them off the market.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Does that have the single-set trigger? Really wished I could’ve picked up a Varmint .17 before they took them off the market.
    They can still be found on GB from time to time at somewhat reasonable prices. The older CZ rimfire models haven't gone completely bonkers in price (yet) like the centerfires have.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/920066017

The 453's are getting up there in price.

On the other hand, I've read that the 457's triggers are nicely adjustable. I don't have one yet to confirm.

Edit: I just noticed the one I linked is an American, not a varmint. That wouldn't stop me though - my .17 453 shoots lights out.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    They can still be found on GB from time to time at somewhat reasonable prices. The older CZ rimfire models haven't gone completely bonkers in price (yet) like the centerfires have.
    I've had a GB saved search for a thumbhole fluted 455 .17 going for about the past 8 years, finally got a hit last March, but I missed the email. Maybe one day!

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I sure enjoy shooting my CZ 457's.
    View attachment 174518

Me too!

a42c557f-d94e-49e2-a115-e74727bdb20f_1_105_c-jpeg.149065

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I had a CZ457 MTR , ITS a beautiful rifle , wood and trigger and barrel EXCELLENT . You can take barrel out/off and put in a .17 cal barrel if you want , I am not a skilled shooter , but I shot this rifle and got excellent results with BULK ammo. Amazing rifle , it made me look great.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    These things seem to be unobtanium right now and those that have them new want extra….. I’ll wait on the boat. LETS GO BRANDON !!!!!!
    My LGS has had 2 in the last 3 months. Both are gone now though. They're not real fast movers because of my area. Most folks here in Scott County are hillbilly and see no need in having a 22 rifle that costs that much. Usually takes about a month before someone buys it. Last one had a $719 price tag on it

Top Bottom