• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hank93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    South Louisiana
    So I am building a pseudo scout rifle on a 700 action, and I'm trying to figure out what to do for a rear sight. I'm debating between modifying an a2 rear sight or an old 1903a3 rear sight. The front sight will be an Enfield Jungle Carbine reproduction. Any thoughts?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So I am building a pseudo scout rifle on a 700 action, and I'm trying to figure out what to do for a rear sight. I'm debating between modifying an a2 rear sight or an old 1903a3 rear sight. The front sight will be an Enfield Jungle Carbine reproduction. Any thoughts?

I have a 1903 and have a tough time with the sights. I would vote an A2 or maybe a Magpul MBUS rear.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I guess it's a matter of training. I learned how to shoot iron sights with a round rear sight and a front post. Shooting through a triangle is a challenge.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I guess it's a matter of training. I learned how to shoot iron sights with a round rear sight and a front post. Shooting through a triangle is a challenge.

I have the same issue. Its definitely a training issue, but its a issue I have as well. With that type of rear sight I do fine on windage, but tend to throw elevation from time to time.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    If you just want it to "look cool", ignore this.

If you want it to work, consider these - I've been using them for years in their various forms on practical rifles.

NECG Rear Peep Sight Weaver-Style Base Adjustable Steel Blue

PEEP SIGHT | Brownells

Brockman's Pop Up Peep Sight Winchester 70 .330 Hole Spacing Steel

fb is right. The MBUS would be a total failure and you would be the laughing stock of your gun friends. Do what he says.

(No, really, after considering what would be required to make it work, it isn't practical. And, you asked a reasonable question so you deserve a reasonable answer.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom