• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    We'll there actually is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Paper prints
    money ordered cashed: feb 12,2013
    received: July 8, 2013
    146 days. It came one day before waiting 21 weeks

This gives me hope. Here's my 2 cents if it helps anyone. Applied Jan 29. Clean record. L.1. Money order for state cashed Feb 22. Still waiting. Congrats on your equal wait time

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Pure coincidence. I'm glad you got them, but emails are largely ignored these days.

+1

Congrats. A couple days before I applied so hopefully I get mine this week or next.

Good luck !

I used to think that way too.

But now I've seen people who applied with the same stats as me but they applied 4-6 weeks later than me, or more, and they've got their LTCH and mine's still not here ! :dunno:

But I can't gripe too much because there are others out there who've waited longer than me.

I just wish the ISP would get their act together on these LTCH permits.

If a person is able to pass a federal background check to buy a new gun in less than 45 seconds, REPEATEDLY, I'd say that they pretty much should fit within Indiana's LTCH guidelines for approval, or at least you would think so anyways . :twocents:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    The five month wait was with electronic prints.

Fifteen years ago she did live in another state but I would not think that would cause such a long delay.

Shouldn't have, but with all the weird stuff people have reported, who knows ? :dunno:

Interestingly the license was issued on Sunday 6/30 but the envelope was postmarked Wednesday 7/3.

That is interesting. Could they possibly be working Sundays to get caught up ?

Either way, she got it. :thumbsup:

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    So I was looking through OpenCarry.org, and I came across a piece of Indiana Code, specifically IC35-47-2-6, that states, "Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed." Seeing as the very nice woman at the APD informed me that I should expect to wait 8 months, do I have any recourse? I previously had a 4 year permit, which unfortunately I let expire, and i'm anxious to start carrying again! Thanks for any help.

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    As has been said over and over, they are not obligated to enforce that statute. if it were the case, everybody would be suing right now. they're gonna get caught up, nothing we can do to speed it up, so grab a chair, grab a beer, and hang out with the rest of us buddy

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    That's what I figured. Oh well. I hear switchblades became legal on July 1st, maybe i'll have to get me one of those in the meantime, lol.

Papper2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    applied for 4 year renewal april 4th--still carring the receipt that says I can carry till it comes--was told at the time it COULD be 6 months Keep the receipt

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As has been said over and over, they are not obligated to enforce that statute. if it were the case, everybody would be suing right now. they're gonna get caught up, nothing we can do to speed it up, so grab a chair, grab a beer, and hang out with the rest of us buddy
    Why aren't they obligated to enforce it? I must have missed the reason over and over. It's the govt so we know they do what they want anyways but this is ridiculous.

showalts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greeting!
    L1 and app 4/16
    paid fingerprinting with debit & paid local with cash
    nothing so far but HOPEFULLY getting close!
    my brother works for the government so already have an FBI file on me, but as far as I know it is clean... but does anybody ever really know what they have on you??
    will keep you posted!

:rockwoot::rockwoot:GOT IT TODAY!! :patriot::patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom