• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Has anyone gotten a reply from an e-mail inquiry? I applied for my renewal on 1/15/13 using L1. My license had been previously suspended and reinstated, so I knew it would take a while.
    On 6/24 I sent them an email inquiry, and have not heard back.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I finally got mine today. Non L1 on Feb 7th. Money cashed Feb 13th. Issued July 5th. Received July 10th.

any recommendations as to where to get it copied in the Greenwood area?

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Why aren't they obligated to enforce it? I must have missed the reason over and over. It's the govt so we know they do what they want anyways but this is ridiculous.

They aren't too worried about that Indiana code right now because while it is the LAW...there are ZERO Repercussions for them if they Break that law.

They have stated that if they are forced to follow that law...they'll just DENY every app that reaches the 60 day mark...which would, in turn, make us ALL have to keep trying to re-apply.

Just imagine the HUGE mess that would come from all of us trying to get our funds sent back from the State and your local and the L1 provider.

Actually...now that I think about it...if you're Denied...you only get "PARTIAL" funds returned to you...so it would also cost us all more money.

They know all of this already and that's why they're not worried about adhering to and following that particular law.

That's just my take on it...I've communicated with them about this in the past 6 months.

Has anyone gotten a reply from an e-mail inquiry? I applied for my renewal on 1/15/13 using L1. My license had been previously suspended and reinstated, so I knew it would take a while.

Hello Bill B...I'm afraid that many of us have gotten ZERO replies to our emails over the past 6 months (or longer).

Sometimes you'll get a reply with just some "Copy and Pasted" remarks pertaining to this situation in general.

RARELY...if you're really...really lucky...you'll get an actual personal reply to you about your situation, but now they've come up with a new way to keep from having to deal with us on the phone and in emails.

Their new "method" is to tell you (when you actually do get ahold of a human being there) that the "PRIVACY ACT or PRIVACY LAWS" won't allow them to disclose any information about your application because they have no way of proving that you are who they are talking to.

Isn't that just rich??

I discussed this "Easy Out" for them.....with one of their employees on the phone just 2 days ago. She kept talking "around" the subject.

But I could tell that she knew that I knew why this was their latest "tactic".

I had an email from a Sergeant there..that told me to get ahold of them if I exceeded 20 weeks in the application process...(since I filed L1 & have a N/V misdemeanor from 23yrs ago)...and he said at that time that they would track down my app and find out what was going on and take care of it.

WELL...that Sergeant has since RETIRED (about 1 month ago)...so she basically stuck to the new found "can't divulge any info because of the PRIVACY ACT or PRIVACY LAWS" schtick....and told me that we now just have to wait until we either receive our LTCH permit or a Denial letter.

It's very frustrating, to say the least !!

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

I got two replies. Both "cut and paste" and canned. I'll be happy to send them to you so you can have your very own copy.

Basically, it says we are very busy. Sit tight and wait.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm going to apply soon, though I am about to move as my lease is almost up and I don't want to live in this neighbourhood anymore. Should I just use my parent's address? I don't reside there, but that's a permanent address and I don't know what my address will be several months from now.

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I applied 3/21 L1, cash at local PD and cashiers check to state and still waiting. Its kind of irritating though, a buddy of mine applied 4/2 L1 and received his yesterday. It seems there is no rhyme or reason to how they are getting processed.

Holbiedmb914

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    Pink slip in hand! Haven't been so happy to open mail since getting my pilot's license.

Applied 4/12/13 L1
    Money Order Cashed 4/15/13
    Arrived 7/10/13

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Got it today.
    Applied 01/15/2013 via L1
    Had a LTCH suspension and reinstatement.
    25 weeks.
    Glad that I'll never have to do that again.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I applied 3/21 L1, cash at local PD and cashiers check to state and still waiting. Its kind of irritating though, a buddy of mine applied 4/2 L1 and received his yesterday. It seems there is no rhyme or reason to how they are getting processed.

There is somewhat of a correlation between app times and received dates. It all relates to your local PD. If you are in one jurisdiction and your local PD transmits your app 2 weeks after you pay your local and your buddy is in another jurisdiction where they transmit apps the same day they get them, there's your answer. With ISP, it's pretty much FIFO (first in, first out). The only difference being, if you get derailed into the "further review" pile, then all bets are off. Then it comes down to how long the arresting jurisdiction takes to get your disposition to ISP. THEN your clock starts. That process has been running near 6 months for most folks.

Hope that helps. Good luck and hang in there. It will come.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom