• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So true. I lived in Chicago until I was 11, and I am amazed now when I see where I used to wander in the city when I was a kid.

We lived on the outskirts of the west side. It was fields and forest within 6 city blocks west or north of us. Great places to explore.
    Now it is a sea of houses.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, but it wasn't self-reported on Facebook, so it doesn't count. ;)

Hey Doc. Welcome back! :welcome:

thanks!

One of the chefs at the Indigo Duck in Franklin died by falling out of the back of a pickup truck. Very sad situation there and they have ultimately closed. Good people who tragedy seemed to follow.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I went to Menards and made the Sacrifice to stop next door at Walmart for my wife. After grabing 2/4 items for her I heard a child start Screaming. Not regular Screaming, more like the Propane Torch on the bottom of the foot screaming. I hurried that direction to find out what was giong on and to see if I could be of any help (Trained First Aid CPR). I found a 4-5 year old throwing a Fit because mom wouldn't give in for whatever she wanted. OK, nothing I can help with, back to shopping. The mom & kid were pepole of Cpolor and an older gentelman (of Color) walked up. After assesing what was going on he looked at mom and stated "That kid needs her ass whipped and you need the same for making all of us put up with it!" Couldn't have agreed with him more!

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    it's a whole different world today where kids start having kids and think they are mature enough to handle it. I would say there are some good young ones out but the overall majority is scary that they just don't care enough about there own children. Clearly this couple is great example.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I went to Menards and made the Sacrifice to stop next door at Walmart for my wife. After grabing 2/4 items for her I heard a child start Screaming. Not regular Screaming, more like the Propane Torch on the bottom of the foot screaming. I hurried that direction to find out what was giong on and to see if I could be of any help (Trained First Aid CPR). I found a 4-5 year old throwing a Fit because mom wouldn't give in for whatever she wanted. OK, nothing I can help with, back to shopping. The mom & kid were pepole of Cpolor and an older gentelman (of Color) walked up. After assesing what was going on he looked at mom and stated "That kid needs her ass whipped and you need the same for making all of us put up with it!" Couldn't have agreed with him more!
    What does "pepole of Cpolor" mean? And what does "of color" have to do with anything?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Stockholmgas_1953.jpg

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Why is it important to the story that the people involved were people of "color"?

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    And this is how **** storms get started..... Just let it go people it literally means nothing from what I took from that story. But as soon as someone isn't politically correct let's all jump on the pitch fork band wagon!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And this is how **** storms get started..... Just let it go people it literally means nothing from what I took from that story. But as soon as someone isn't politically correct let's all jump on the pitch fork band wagon!!!!

Pretty much.
    I will give this info if it is pertinent to the story and in this case it seems to be.
    No harm no foul here.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I was raised without much supervision, like most have stated, but he is talking about a baby here. Don't think mom would have left me or my sister out of her sight as a baby. Sure never let my son out of my sight when he was a baby.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was raised without much supervision, like most have stated, but he is talking about a baby here. Don't think mom would have left me or my sister out of her sight as a baby. Sure never let my son out of my sight when he was a baby.

These days evil things happen when we least expect it.
    Kids are never out of our site (8 year old goes across the fence to her friends behind us) when we are with them.
    Times are different and people are capable of idiotic and harmful acts. Not all but the bad ones are mixed in the crowd.

Top Bottom