Crazy gun nut shoots man just for breaking into her house!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    That was about one of the most ascinine stories I ever read, the one from the Daily Caller that is.

But sad to say there's probably a good percentage of koolaid drinking sheep out there that wouldactually think it was real and agree with what was said in the story.

Last edited:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    That was about one of the most ascinine stories I ever read, the one from the Daily Caller that is. But sad to say there's probably a good percentage of koolaid drinking sheep out there that would agree with what was said in the story.

It was a joke, it's ok. :):

That was a good one! Shame on that woman for shooting those innocent salesmen!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    That was about one of the most ascinine stories I ever read, the one from the Daily Caller that is. But sad to say there's probably a good percentage of koolaid drinking sheep out there that would agree with what was said in the story.

Please tell me that you forgot your purple... could you really not detect the sarcasm in this story?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Good story.

What if she had pepper spray, or a taser--well, that would be a no go, because not only did they have guns, but there were multiple attackers. The gun is the ultimate equalizer, so that even an old lady can fend off multiple grown men, and that is why it is so important and protected under our second amendment.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    :): Funny!! I would say that it would not surprise me that Feinswine or her ilk, would try to twist a story like that if a "scary gun" or " a rapid fire high capacity clip" was involved. As it is, I bet there are some liberal anti gunners out there drooliing as they pass it on through the blogosphere as being the gospel.:rolleyes:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    :): Funny!! I would say that it would not surprise me that Feinswine or her ilk, would try to twist a story like that if a "scary gun" or " a rapid fire high capacity clip" was involved. As it is, I bet there are some liberal anti gunners out there drooliing as they pass it on through the blogosphere as being the gospel.:rolleyes:

I think the story would have been better if she did have an AR with a 30 round magazine and kept shooting until the magazine was empty..

30 holes are better than one.....

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Please tell me that you forgot your purple... could you really not detect the sarcasm in this story?

I did not think you could purple a link! I knew the first article was sarcasm, that is why I linked the second serious article.

My point in the OP was this woman was smart..... she had a plan and overcame her attackers! It worked out well for her and her child. The duck tape was foreboding and would not have ended well if she did not have a gun and a plan!

Kudos to her and shame on the anti-gunners who attempt to render citizens defensless against these kind of criminals!

She used a glock which is one of the guns Fiendstein attemted to ban!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I did not think you could purple a link! I knew the first article was sarcasm, that is why I linked the second serious article.

My point in the OP was this woman was smart..... she had a plan and overcame her attackers! It worked out well for her and her child. The duck tape was foreboding and would not have ended well if she did not have a gun and a plan!

Kudos to her and shame on the anti-gunners who attempt to render citizens defensless against these kind of criminals!

She used a glock which is one of the guns Fiendstein attemted to ban!

She used an EVIL glock with a high capacity clippy thing?

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    I think the story would have been better if she did have an AR with a 30 round magazine and kept shooting until the magazine was empty..

30 holes are better than one.....

Well according to Carolyn "Shoulder Thing" McCarthy, she said women are just not clever enough to figure out how to operate the AR-15. Thankfully she was rockn a Glock.:draw:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If the story went down like she says... then not only does she deserve a medal, but her quick thinking may have saved her and her sons life.

Good for her...

It's taken me a year to get my fiance and our 12yo daughter comfortable around guns and just yesterday we discussed putting together some emergency plans (after a rash of robberies in our area).

They have the .22lr down pat, but this spring I will be working on getting them comfortable using some other platforms than a 10/22 and a 22/45 for obvious reasons.

Current options:

CZ75b - Probably fine for my fiance... but probably a bit much for my 12yo

Hi Point Carbine 9mm - Which I just purchased in marginal shape and haven't put through the paces yet. Nothing wrong with HiPoint... but this is my families life we are talking about. The plus tho is that it works very similar to the 10/22....

I'm not keen on my AR-15, although my 12yo knows how to operate it... but .223 probably isn't appropriate given the proximity of all my neighbors houses. Although I chuckle a bit at the thought of an unsuspecting robber making the mistake of entering our "safe" room to find himself looking down the barrel of my AR in the hands of our 12 year old :): (lets hope this never has to happen by the way).

I'll definitely begin drilling with the 22/45 and 10/22... but any other suggestions?

I'm thinking 20 gauge, but to be honest... I've only shot 1 shell out of a shotgun a couple of years back, so it would be a learning experience for all of us. Would a 20 gauge be too much for someone who is only about 110 lbs and not very physical yet?

Or is there simply some better options out there?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    If the story went down like she says... then not only does she deserve a medal, but her quick thinking may have saved her and her sons life.

Good for her...

It's taken me a year to get my fiance and our 12yo daughter comfortable around guns and just yesterday we discussed putting together some emergency plans (after a rash of robberies in our area).

They have the .22lr down pat, but this spring I will be working on getting them comfortable using some other platforms than a 10/22 and a 22/45 for obvious reasons.

Current options:

CZ75b - Probably fine for my fiance... but probably a bit much for my 12yo

Hi Point Carbine 9mm - Which I just purchased in marginal shape and haven't put through the paces yet. Nothing wrong with HiPoint... but this is my families life we are talking about. The plus tho is that it works very similar to the 10/22....

I'm not keen on my AR-15, although my 12yo knows how to operate it... but .223 probably isn't appropriate given the proximity of all my neighbors houses. Although I chuckle a bit at the thought of an unsuspecting robber making the mistake of entering our "safe" room to find himself looking down the barrel of my AR in the hands of our 12 year old :): (lets hope this never has to happen by the way).

I'll definitely begin drilling with the 22/45 and 10/22... but any other suggestions?

I'm thinking 20 gauge, but to be honest... I've only shot 1 shell out of a shotgun a couple of years back, so it would be a learning experience for all of us. Would a 20 gauge be too much for someone who is only about 110 lbs and not very physical yet?

Or is there simply some better options out there?

The problem with a shotgun is that one that would fit you and your 12 year old would all be different. Proper fit of a shotgun leads to a far more enjoyable experience shooting it.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I see... thanks for the info. One last question and I won't jack the thread any further.

I've seen collapsible butt stocks for Remington and Mossbergs... Are those only for 12g or would they also work on a 20g? (or do they make them for both?)

Thanks for the input...

Top Bottom