• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Edwin Jenner was an English physician during the late 1700's. When he was alive small pox was the pandemic of the day and wreaked more havoc than Covid has to date. He observed that people infected with cow pox, caused by a virus in the same class as small pox, were immune from small pox infection or had significantly milder forms of the disease when contracted.

If this new variant is highly transmissible, but not as virulent as the other variants, it might be the "cow pox" of this pandemic. We might see the acquisition of natural immunity around the world very quickly. I might be too naïve, but this might be the last variant we see.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    6EB59B4E-1E83-4EE9-A20E-EC679B7EEC01_jpe-2185612.JPG

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Follow the money. I wonder how long it will take for a vaccine that is effective for the xi variant?

View attachment 169844
    The cancer vaccine part doesn't really work. I'm not educated enough on HIV/AIDS to make any sort of legitimate comment, but I'd guess it revolves around funding, popularity, coverage, etc. (In addition to any true scientific hurdles). If it were a conspiracy, they would've quietly slipped whatever you think they have done into routine vaccines for children, seasonal flu, shingles, pneumonia, etc.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The cancer vaccine part doesn't really work.
    It works just fine if one thinks it through and their reflexive action is not to defend TPTB. It is a meme not a peer reviewed study.

They have collected trillions over the years to cure cancer, but have mostly failed.

They have gone through billions but HIV vaccine just doesn’t exist.

But I’m supposed to believe they figured out a Covid vaccine in a few months and it is perfect…

The laugh is on you…

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It works just fine if one thinks it through and their reflexive action is not to defend TPTB. It is a meme not a peer reviewed study.

They have collected trillions over the years to cure cancer, but have mostly failed.

They have gone through billions but HIV vaccine just doesn’t exist.

But I’m supposed to believe they figured out a Covid vaccine in a few months and it is perfect…

The laugh is on you…
    But cancer is a broad term for a variety of different things, none of which are an infectious pathogen.

HIV, as I said, I'm not well educated on as far as vaccine research.

The crux of my comment is that if it were about getting something into bodies, they could've done it much easier, quieter, and with better success in a different manner.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Anyone who is claiming that vaccinated can't spread or be infected are ignorant. You know very well where I stand on vaccines, masking, etc. and I have no issue acknowledging that fact.
    Right. I didn’t know anyone was still arguing the vaccinated couldn’t get it/pass it/etc. Like the posts where people sarcastically ask who was told what variant they had when they tested positive. Nobody ever said that’s how it worked to begin with. Just more strawmen.

And if someone knows anyone still saying the vaccinated can’t pass it, that’s a dumb human.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Right. I didn’t know anyone was still arguing the vaccinated couldn’t get it/pass it/etc. Like the posts where people sarcastically ask who was told what variant they had when they tested positive. Nobody ever said that’s how it worked to begin with. Just more strawmen.

And if someone knows anyone still saying the vaccinated can’t pass it, that’s a dumb human.
    Then there are lots of dumb humans around. I hear it daily from random people around me. I stopped trying to correct them with facts.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Anyone who is claiming that vaccinated can't spread or be infected are ignorant. You know very well where I stand on vaccines, masking, etc. and I have no issue acknowledging that fact.
    I know where you stand and you aren’t the type that I have a problem with. Agree to disagree and go on with life. It’s the businesses who require masks for unvaxxed but not vaxxed. Who will tell employees that test positive that they only need to quarantine for 3 days if vaxxed but 14 days if unvaxxed. It’s the people who will freak out if they learn that you aren’t vaxxed and see you without a mask on. They may not actually say the words, but they are essentially practicing the claim that the vaxxed can’t get or spread it and the unvaxxed are to be feared and avoided. My wife left a job because of this very thing. It is being pushed from the highest levels of society. And I agree that it is ignorant at best, and maliciously false at the worst.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I know where you stand and you aren’t the type that I have a problem with. Agree to disagree and go on with life. It’s the businesses who require masks for unvaxxed but not vaxxed. Who will tell employees that test positive that they only need to quarantine for 3 days if vaxxed but 14 days if unvaxxed. It’s the people who will freak out if they learn that you aren’t vaxxed and see you without a mask on. They may not actually say the words, but they are essentially practicing the claim that the vaxxed can’t get or spread it and the unvaxxed are to be feared and avoided. My wife left a job because of this very thing. It is being pushed from the highest levels of society. And I agree that it is ignorant at best, and maliciously false at the worst.
    Can't disagree with any of that. I manage a pharmacy, all my employees are required to mask regardless and we request that all patients and customers mask regardless. I'm on personal time here on INGO so let things fly a little more, but in my pharmacy I'll answer questions about the vaccine, make it known that I truly feel getting vaccinated is in the person's best interest, but do not apply any pressure. I always end every conversation about it with "ultimately it's your decision."

I think a lot of people misinterpret my passion about it as thinking I want government mandates, but that's not the case at all.

Top Bottom