• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Question for the medically smart peoples here. A standard PCR will not find a variant. Correct? Then does someone just decide " I need to look for variants today?" or how does this work? Way too much mystery here for me.
    Routine, random genetic sequencing of samples. It's done with other infectious diseases as well.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    NY state has seemingly declared a state of emergency over it until January 15th even though not a single case has been detected yet in the USA.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Based on the initial information on this new variant of COVID, I figured it would be a good idea to start a seperate thread.

Much is still unknown about how OMICRON will react where a majority of the population is vaxxed. Normally, when a virus mutates, it becomes more contagious but less lethal. The next two weeks are going to be very interesting.

No, the next two weeks aren't "going to be interesting."

They are simply going to be a re-hash of the last two years.

Do you _really_ still find that interesting?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    NY state has seemingly declared a state of emergency over it until January 15th even though not a single case has been detected yet in the USA.

Statists gonna state.....

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    No, the next two weeks aren't "going to be interesting."

They are simply going to be a re-hash of the last two years.

Do you _really_ still find that interesting?
    The reports out of South Africa talk about how it is a mild disease with symptoms being sore muscles and tiredness for a day or two. Those infected do not suffer the loss of taste or smell. They might have a slight cough. This is in line with the concept that as a virus mutates, it spreads faster but becomes weaker. This is good news. Now we sit back and see how governments respond to it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Seeking federal funds, and dictatorial powers?

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Wake up people. This may be the one, but I guess they will need 1, possible 2 more variants to appear so the demonrats can enact nation wide mail in voting. I see no other non violent means for the demonrats to hold power if you believe the current polling.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Omicron has made it to Australia. Results pending…. You want to guess the results LOL

I'm surprised they haven't been nailing and welding everyone's doors shut in Australia. They have gone crazy to supposedly "protect people".

Seems like Australia wants to become a prison colony all over again.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And I remember the horror stories about Ebola. People literally bleeding out through their pores and soaking through mattresses with their blood. Yet there was no "mandate" or shutdown of the economy. Seems like that's a helluva lot scarier disease than Covid.
    We had mandatory training for the biohazard suits for ebola. We had Decon stations setup in the ambulance bays. One entire hallway of rooms blocked off with plastic and multiple rooms marked purely for donning and doffing and several as treatment rooms.

Fortunately never really needed them. We did have a few patients who had traveled to the area and had fever though.

But we all know the ER doc who saw the ebola patient and discharged them.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    We had mandatory training for the biohazard suits for ebola. We had Decon stations setup in the ambulance bays. One entire hallway of rooms blocked off with plastic and multiple rooms marked purely for donning and doffing and several as treatment rooms.

Fortunately never really needed them. We did have a few patients who had traveled to the area and had fever though.

But we all know the ER doc who saw the ebola patient and discharged them.
    I worked with our local Emergency Management team to set up an EMS decon station at the county hospital. When I think back on how un-prepared our first responders and hospital ER were for a possible ebola patient, it is a good thing it never arrived in our area.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Hey NY:

Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I'm surprised they haven't been nailing and welding everyone's doors shut in Australia. They have gone crazy to supposedly "protect people".

Seems like Australia wants to become a prison colony all over again.
    Watch the southern border not only South American and Central American but soon to be Australians too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom