• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, will he also start protesting other things that kill school children, regardless of benefit?

Automobiles
    Fire
    Knives
    Baseball Bats
    and so on

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm not sure but it looks like some of the money will go to help with mental health, which I'm in favor of. I'd like to know more about the anti-gun part? (by the way, I don't listen to his music either). I'm not sure what they mean by "Firearm safety".

"They plan to direct funds toward prevention programs that help in areas of mental health, social and emotional development, and firearm safety."

Tim McGraw & Sandy Hook: Country Superstar Headlines Fundraiser Protecting Children Against Gun Violence

When you see gun safety or gun violence it's just public health buzzwords that really mean gun control. Gun violence in the public health world means any death by firearms to include suicide. Their solutions however never seem to really address gun violence as we perceive it such as criminal misuse of guns like gangs etc. Their proposals are always just the usual Brady Bunch crap.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    When you see gun safety or gun violence it's just public health buzzwords that really mean gun control. Gun violence in the public health world means any death by firearms to include suicide. Their solutions however never seem to really address gun violence as we perceive it such as criminal misuse of guns like gangs etc. Their proposals are always just the usual Brady Bunch crap.

I agree with the buzz word issue, they use it way too often. However I did go to their web sight to have a look. Unless they have a hidden agenda all they want you to do is educate people to lock up your guns, not take them away. I can't say that I don't disagree with most of what they have to say. Sandy Hook Promise is the one sponsoring the concert.

Sandy Hook Promise

[video=youtube;TFSw5Zri_o0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSw5Zri_o0#t=667[/video]

EDIT:.... see post 52...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ti-gun-concert-connecticut-6.html#post5798589

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just gives me continued reason to ignore him. Now if he was singing about making murder illegal, which I am sure would have saved the school kids, then I will listen to him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    McGraw's music is good. His opinion sucks.
    It's hilarious how when someone has an opinion the others disagree with, almost automatically their accomplishments in other fields become mediocre.

If McGraw had come out at pro-2A, many would be talking about how good his music is.

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It's hilarious how when someone has an opinion the others deal with, almost automatically their accomplishments in other fields become mediocre.

If McGraw had come out at pro-2A, many would be talking about how good his music is.

Or...

a person could be a long time fan who has noticed his music has changed and may not be as appealing as it was 5-10 years ago.

Are you a real fan? Do you think his new music is as good?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's hilarious how when someone has an opinion the others deal with, almost automatically their accomplishments in other fields become mediocre.

No on both counts.
    Never liked his music -- in fact, I wouldn't know a TM song if I heard it -- and really don't like him breaking bread with a bunch of astroturf anti-gunners.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or...

a person could be a long time fan who has noticed his music has changed and may not be as appealing as it was 5-10 years ago.

Are you a real fan? Do you think his new music is as good?

I've never been a "real" fan of McGraw, but he's had more than few hits that are solid. Jackson, Black, Travis, Strait, Jones, Cash, and Brooks were more to my liking. And admittedly, I love Barbara Mandrell and her sisters (loved the show as a kid). Never liked Twain or Urban. Of the acts than day, Chris Young is my guy, but I'm not opposed to Chesney. Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown, and Toby Keith. I have an odd obsession with Charlie Daniels, and the voices of Patsy Cline, and Williams Sr.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Blah. I have been a fan of Tim's since the beginning, seen him live many times. His newest songs are a stretch from the past yes but I still enjoy it when in the mood. Opinions of the famous suck sometimes. :(

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Well it sucks to cross ol' Tim off the list... I liked him too and didn't change too horribly when he kind of supported Obama at one point in time. But his is crazy! So long Timmy!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Blah. I have been a fan of Tim's since the beginning, seen him live many times. His newest songs are a stretch from the past yes but I still enjoy it when in the mood. Opinions of the famous suck sometimes. :(

And we don't have to give them our dollar votes. Let the intelligentsia have him as their useful idiot.

Top Bottom