• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    But why would he? He already has been shown to lack the support needed to win. He made his points. He will keep the rest of his campaign chest for his next election.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    But why would he? He already has been shown to lack the support needed to win. He made his points. He will keep the rest of his campaign chest for his next election.

I doubt there is another another election for Paul. He is 77 now, and would be 81 in the 2016 election. I don't think he'll run either, he may just put his support out there for Gary Johnson, but him being on the ballot could still hurt Mitt in states that are very close.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Democrats would love this. Anyone remember the election for Bush I and Ross Perot?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I heard Sarah Palin is running.

See - I can do it too. :D

I thought the whole point is to get the "O" out. Spitting the votes across the parties is NOT the way to do it.
    Voting for someone you may not totally agree with, but may have the best chance to beat him - IS.

Don't vote for YOUR president to win - Vote for obama to LOSE. :patriot:

This message is approved by my Mommy.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope. He's too late to run on any ballot as a 3rd party candidate. All the parties have already got their candidates and their set for their ballots. There's no way to get him on a 3rd party ballot line, this late in the game. The LP isn't going to boot their candidate for him, neither is the Constitution party and American Elect have already had their say, too. What's he going to do? Run as a Green? Too late. They have their candidate too. He chose to run in the gop race and lost. He's got nowhere to go this cycle and is likely too old to wait it out till 2016. He had a good run.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I heard Sarah Palin is running.

See - I can do it too. :D

I thought the whole point is to get the "O" out. Spitting the votes across the parties is NOT the way to do it.
    Voting for someone you may not totally agree with, but may have the best chance to beat him - IS.

Don't vote for YOUR president to win - Vote for obama to LOSE. :patriot:

This message is approved by my Mommy.

Here's a novel thought. The opposing parties could actually put up a candidate that people want to vote FOR.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I could get behind that. Too bad it hasn't happened yet.
    I get what you did there. ;) I think though that I would've worded the post you quoted to read something like this:

Here's a novel thought. The opposing parties could actually put up a suitable candidate that can run a fluid campaign to win and articulate the message in such a way that a majority of people want to vote FOR.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ....for Paul to get his name on the ballot in all 50 states, Paul would have to be on the Libertarian Party ticket.*
    For that to happen, the Libertarian vice presidential candidate Jim Gray would have to drop out, and the Libertarian Party would have to put Paul on the ticket with Johnson, either as the presidential or vice presidential candidate. *
    Cutler urged those on the call to write, call, and e-mail Paul’s offices urging him to run.*

So what do you do when your candidate gets screwed by one party? I guess the answer to Paul supporters is depose the duly selected LP candidate and install their idol. How entertaining party politics is:laugh:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I agree with mrjarrell...he's had a good run...he's old...he's done.

I'm sure he'll be interesting to watch on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight.

The second part saddens me a bit. His message was just starting to gain traction and it worries me that the standard bearer of the movement will be passing the reins. Transitions can be the death knell for movements if the successor(s) can't perform. I would liked to have seen him stick around for one more full presidential election cycle, even if not as a candidate (preferably not as a candidate; see below).

I am not entirely convinced much of Paul's lackluster success on a broad scale wasn't in some part due to his age. Crotchety old men who tend to live in the past are never inspiring. He's lost a lot of the sharpness and is exhibiting that fog of age.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh snap. Robert Cray as well. I may have to tune in tonight. RC has a new album out.

Robert Cray trivia time...

In the film Animal House that is Robert Cray playing guitar with "Otis Day and the Knights". I didn't believe and a friend pointed it out and if anyone is familiar with Cray's stance while playing you can spot him in a heartbeat.

No link to the video but here is the tune....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKMVMWiUFT4

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The second part saddens me a bit. His message was just starting to gain traction and it worries me that the standard bearer of the movement will be passing the reins. Transitions can be the death knell for movements if the successor(s) can't perform.
    Agree with this, in that I don't see anyone else out there preaching the same message that gets the same media attention. He also, somehow, seemed to have a very safe district where he could securely proselytize. I am afraid that Rand may not be very secure in this Senate seat. So I am not sure if he can assume the mantle of libertarian in chief within the GOP. I think you have to be a sitting rep in the Congress to have the same ability to get his positions out there. Unfortunately Ron Paul seemed to have a cult of personality about him that drew a lot of people to him personally and not as much to the philosophy of what he was saying. So we shall see if his influence is felt after a few years.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Here's a novel thought. The opposing parties could actually put up a candidate that people want to vote FOR.

I could get behind that. Too bad it hasn't happened yet.

Sure it has. It's happened quite often, just not recently. Please don't forget that Franklin D. Roosevelt got elected President four times and Ronald Reagan won both his elections in electoral landslides. It does happen, it's just that neither party has often raised up someone of that caliber.

Top Bottom