• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Titor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Yet another reason to abolish all licenses . In my time line there are none and this makes for less police and less jails .

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Keystone Cops have issued a damage control statement over the weekend. Blaming the women... if they only would have submitted to the strange gang and licked their boots, none of this would have happened.

Clarifying ABC's Involvement in April 11 Charlottesville Incident | Facebook.com
    Agents were working in the area, concentrating on underage possession enforcement. An agent observed what appeared to be an underage person in possession of what appeared to be a case of beer, and approached her to investigate. The agent identified herself as a police officer and was displaying her badge. Other agents did not join the incident until the subject refused to cooperate. Rather than comply with the officers' requests, the subject drove off, striking two officers. She was not arrested for possessing bottled water, but for running from police and striking two of them with a vehicle.

The agents were acting upon reasonable suspicion and this whole unfortunate incident could have been avoided had the occupants complied with law enforcement requests. We take all citizen complaints seriously and the matter is currently under review by the ABC Bureau of Law Enforcement.

The public outcry in the comments section has been overwhelmingly negative. Here are some choice remarks.

Perhaps if they were in camouflage, wore ski masks and carried assault rifles the girls would have recognized them as police officers.
    Defending these actions is not going to help ABC's public image. Your agency needs to take responsibility for this outrage.
    Your organization is a disgrace and should be de-funded immediately. We don't need a Secret Police to go around and micro-manage Beer sales in the name of Police makework. You even had the nerve to have her falsely arrested to make her into the villain and cover up your own blunder and incompetence. The thought of some buffoon cowboy jumping onto the hood of the girl's vehicle like some kind of rodeo clown is beyond ridiculous. I will be happy to sit on the Jury for the lawsuit when this young woman serves you and make sure that she gets every last taxpayer Dollar and ensure that the Public can no longer afford your "services". Shame on all of you.
    what on earth is the big deal about liquor? back in England my father took me to a pub at 14 as is legal for a child to consume alcohol under supervision of a parent - in other words in Europe we grow up with wine at the table so we don't go binge drinking at 18 - your exposure in this has become a global joke you need to suck it up and admit your tactics were wrong plain & simple and wasting public funds to have 7 agents sitting in a supermarket good grief and then having the gall to still press charges that a proper police officer would be embarrassed to file
    Wow, you terrorized this young woman and you make excuses? There are a lot of people who carry false badges and they use them to rape and murder women. How stupid can your agency be?
    I like the part where you say you take "citizen complaints seriously". That's the best laugh I've had all day. You've shown how you feel about 'citizens' by the weak, lame excuse that " this whole unfortunate incident could have been avoided had the occupants complied with law enforcement requests. " Seriously, you are completely clueless.
    This is a perfect example of too many agencies with arresting powers.
    You are supposed to be experts in alcohol control but your agent couldn't tell the difference between a case of water and a case of beer in a brightly lit store? Then how do you expect a 20 year old to discern the difference between a police officer and an armed thug in a dark parking lot? Shame on you.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Quote:
    You are supposed to be experts in alcohol control but your agent couldn't tell the difference between a case of water and a case of beer in a brightly lit store? Then how do you expect a 20 year old to discern the difference between a police officer and an armed thug in a dark parking lot? Shame on you.

Wow! That stung!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Wow! That stung!

I liked that one too! I get sick and tired of hearing the same old s**t about how ignorance of the law is no excuse, being unaware of pertinent conditions/circumstances is no excuse, if you broke the law, you broke the law, no excuses, but supposed professionals are entitled to be excused for most anything. If they are professionals, they should be held to higher, not lower standards than the rest of us. What amazes me are the people other than police who accept and even defend this.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    J. Neil Schulman had this to say about it:

What say our resident ambulance chasers, does she have a case using this suggestion?

He has a point and there could even be some consequences (probably via the disciplinary commission) to whatever commonwealth atty prosecuted it depending on when he knew what had actually happened.

However, there are probably some qualified immunity hurdles to civil liability that are going to have to be cleared and there simply are not enough facts in evidence to be certain whether that is possible.

Criminally, it depends on the US Atty for that district and his grand jury or whether a special Commonwealth's Atty gets appointed to look at it.

Best,

Joe

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just saw this thread, & am amazed @ the overwhelming idiocy of this group of law enforcement. Also amazed anybody would take the side of said idiots.

They should be fired, & never allowed to work in any career that gives them even an ounce of authority.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Can you offer any conceivable reason for making a judgement on a situation in which you were neither present nor offered any sustainable FACT?

Oh wait... Now that I think about it, you might choose to believe the [news story] as fact when it's anti-LEO but not when it's anti-second amendment. I keep forgetting the ever present double standard on INGO.

From the article - "Charlottesville Commonwealth's Attorney Dave Chapman read Daly's account and said it was factually consistent." "It wouldn't be the right thing to do to prosecute this," he said

Did you not read this, or not understand what it meant?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    $40 million? Those guys that stopped her were looking for wrong stuff. They should have been looking for meth or crack.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    It's a government agency. The payout has to be made to really hurt, otherwise they learn absolutely nothing. A few grand is chump change to people like that.

how can it "really hurt"? It's not like it's a business or anything? It's taxpayer money, not their own money that is getting paid out. They will just raise/create more taxes and everybody loses.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Their mindset is pathetic. Thank goodness for the fast food industry so they will be qualified for employment.

I just can not get my head wrapped around the behavior of those LEO's. Jumping on my hood will get your A$$ kicked LEO or not. Pulling a gun over alleged Beer purchase....seriously.....Epic fail.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Everybody except the ABC folks .

exactly, they will just add a line or two to the dept. SOP and call it a day. Even then, just because somebody gets $$$ does not mean the dept. thinks they did anything wrong, they might change nothing, and somebody walks away with $40 millin in taxpayer money, not the ABC's money. Im glad some of the INGOlibbers are not in charge of our national fiscal policy. While I agree we waste alot of money on stupid stuff, writing million dollar checks to people because a cop looked at them "crosswayz" is a joke.

Top Bottom