• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is pretty cool. While not as obvious, Horse Soldier Bourbon bottle labels have a cool story behind them. They are embossed metal, not a sticker.

Horse Soldier was started by a couple Special Forces guys who were the first in after 9/11. Like, only weeks later before we really put large scale boots on the ground. They were hooked up with locals in the mountain region of Afghanistan. Terrain so rugged they had to ride horses to get where they needed to go.

Anyway, with that background, when they decided to create the brand, they wanted something to commemorate the twin towers. So they purchased some of the structural steel from WTC and had it melted down to create the molds for the labels. So every label on the shelf has been stamped and formed by WTC steel.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    That is pretty cool. While not as obvious, Horse Soldier Bourbon bottle labels have a cool story behind them. They are embossed metal, not a sticker.

Horse Soldier was started by a couple Special Forces guys who were the first in after 9/11. Like, only weeks later before we really put large scale boots on the ground. They were hooked up with locals in the mountain region of Afghanistan. Terrain so rugged they had to ride horses to get where they needed to go.

Anyway, with that background, when they decided to create the brand, they wanted something to commemorate the twin towers. So they purchased some of the structural steel from WTC and had it melted down to create the molds for the labels. So every label on the shelf has been stamped and formed by WTC steel.
    Read the book the horse soldiers. Wow!
    Amazon product ASIN 1416580522

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I saw this yesterday in the small liquor store in Grabill, IN. The clerk was all hyped up about it. IT IS a cool bottle, but has anyone tasted it? I'm too tight to buy a "pretty' bottle of crap booze. If i remember it was not bargain priced (not sure but want to say over $100, maybe $129 or $139/bottle). If anyone has tasted it please let us know.

Hassiebawked

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 18, 2019
    South Central Indiana
    I saw this yesterday in the small liquor store in Grabill, IN. The clerk was all hyped up about it. IT IS a cool bottle, but has anyone tasted it? I'm too tight to buy a "pretty' bottle of crap booze. If i remember it was not bargain priced (not sure but want to say over $100, maybe $129 or $139/bottle). If anyone has tasted it please let us know.
    I have two. I opened one. It’s a fantastic bourbon. Not just a pretty bottle. I’d pay $125 again for it. I’ve had it three times. Twice neat and once with some ice. Neat it was full of flavor and just perfect. With ice, the flavor fell off some but still really good.

AlanShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2023
    Indy

That is a cool story.

I tried that one and it was just OK in my opinion. I dont think I would buy it again.

Top Bottom