• BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    No, thank you.
    I did a fly-by visit to NYC once.
    I got to see some things, but I spent a lot of my time there in taxis.
    Of course I spent a lot of time trying to sleep in the hotel room with little results, but man what a great view of the inside of so many Ford Crown Vic variants.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    The United Federation of Teachers union is against the new toll tax.
    Sorry NY MTA, the teachers union has spoken. Your new toll increase is going down in flames.
    The teachers have spoken.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I know in Maryland the Innercounty Connector charges tolls like that, so if you have "Money" you get home faster, if not, you sit in traffic like the surf that you are.
    The "Hot Lanes" on the MD/VA Beltway 495 can go from $1.50 to $3.75? per mile depending upon traffic.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Economists have long advocated for varied tolls, based on traffic or use patterns, to allocate a limited resource. It incentivizes those with low priority needs not to use the resources frivolously.

I thought INGO was all about users paying for the resources they used, at least that seemed the majority take when bicycles are on the road...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Economists have long advocated for varied tolls, based on traffic or use patterns, to allocate a limited resource. It incentivizes those with low priority needs not to use the resources frivolously.

I thought INGO was all about users paying for the resources they used, at least that seemed the majority take when bicycles are on the road...
    Pretty sure the streets in NYC were already paid for by the taxpayers there. Now they want them to pay to use the streets that they paid for already.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Pretty sure the streets in NYC were already paid for by the taxpayers there. Now they want them to pay to use the streets that they paid for already.
    There are other issues noted in the article, namely that NJ residents are part of the issue of congestion in the area. And the issue in not paying for the roads but rather trying to allocate the scarce resources in a way they can actually function.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    "Trucks will pay between $24-36 during the day and $6-9 at night."

That should help inflation in NYC. Get ready for a $42 avocado toast and $19 cup of coffee for breakfast!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Typical NYC.

Not sure why FDR is exempt and not the Henry Hudson Parkway. Oh well.

Just another reason to take the train into Manhattan, though those are not "cheep" anymore and depending on times are standing room only.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I never favor any increase in taxes....

...but I have been able to get around NYC on several occasions just fine and wouldn't dream of driving there. Subway, train, bus, old school taxi, etc. Pre-pandemic I also had a driver I used several times, Mannie, he was great.

Top Bottom