Complimented for carrying a sidearm at Mickey Ds in Danville...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I had lunch today with my mom and step-dad at the McDonalds on US 36 in Danville. I'm on an extended break from living the International Man of Mystery life in Japan ;) , and as has become my SOP during my break here I was 'concealed' carrying my Kimber Desert Warrior II in a Serpa holster with the bottom half poking out past the bottom edge of my shirt. As we were ordering I noticed a young guy in his early/mid 20s wearing baggy jeans and a red (flannel?) shirt with cut-off sleeves that was standing to the right and slightly behind me about 5 feet away. He was giving me extra attention for a few second, but after using my highly-tuned :mallninja: senses to make sure everything was 5 by 5 :laugh: with him, I sat down and ate.

About 20 minutes later, he came up to our table (situated with both exits in view and my back to the wall :shady: ) and said, "I noticed your sidearm earlier, and I just wanted to say Thank You for keeping us safe while we ate today." After picking my jaw up off the table, I managed to sputter out a, "You're welcome...! ...And thank you for the compliment!!" :yesway: :patriot:

It was only after he left that the thought occurred to me that I should have asked if he was an INGOer :ugh: , so if you were the above-described gentleman that spoke to the insanely-handsome dude :D in McDs who was wearing a red and gold Marines hat, black shirt, and tan shorts, I hope you see this thread and let me know who you are! :cheers: :ingo:

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've gotten similar responses a week or two ago in the same vicinity. It was a quick couple questions that ended with a "god bless you" but, still positive response.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    You kept him safe? You shoulda grabbed that double cheeseburger out his mouth and throwed away his french fries. Sure he survived the hell about to break loose at the Golden Arches that you prevented by your semi-OC, but a few years down the road, he'll die of a heart attack. Lot of good you did him.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I had lunch today with my mom and step-dad at the McDonalds on US 36 in Danville. I'm on an extended break from living the International Man of Mystery life in Japan ;) , and as has become my SOP during my break here, I was 'concealed' carrying my Kimber Desert Warrior II in a Serpa holster with the bottom half poking out past the bottom edge of my shirt. As we were ordering I noticed a young guy in his early/mid 20s wearing baggy jeans and a red (flannel?) shirt with cut-off sleeves that was standing to the right and slightly behind me about 5 feet away from me. He was giving me extra attention for a few seconds, but after using my highly-tuned :mallninja: senses to make sure everything was 5 by 5 :laugh: with him, I sat down and ate.

About 20 minutes later, he came up to our table (situated with both exits in view and my back to the wall :shady: ) and said, "I noticed you sidearm earlier, and I just wanted to say Thank You for keeping us safe while we ate today." After picking my jaw up off the table, I managed to sputter out a, "You're welcome...! ...And thank you for the compliment!!" :yesway: :patriot:

It was only after he left that the thought occurred to me that I should have asked if he was an INGOer :ugh: , so if you were the above-described gentleman that spoke to the insanely-handsome ;) dude in McDs who was wearing a red and gold MARINES hat, black shirt, and tan shorts, I hope you see this thread and let me know who you are! :cheers: :ingo:

You know the rules....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ??? :dunno:

Double post....freaking iPad...Mods please consolidate/delete this thread with the longer thread... :ingo:
    I think she may be reffering to the :postpics: rule regarding your "insanely handsome" boast. Not that it would matter to me in the least.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Since you can't know for sure then you should take the compliment. Not being there I didn't see his demeanor, but that could of been said in sarcasm.

If you felt good about the interaction then you are probably right but seeing it in print leaves it a little questionable.

Having my gun is keeping everyone safe like having my car is giving everyone a ride. I'm not trying to be negative, It's just a thought I had.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Since you can't know for sure then you should take the compliment. Not being there I didn't see his demeanor, but that could of been said in sarcasm.

If you felt good about the interaction then you are probably right but seeing it in print leaves it a little questionable.

Having my gun is keeping everyone safe like having my car is giving everyone a ride. I'm not trying to be negative, It's just a thought I had.

I think he was being sincere, so I count it as a good interaction...

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Good thing you didn't run into Michele O. You would have gotten double b**ch slapped for carrying and eating Mcdonalds. Whew! That was a close one.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I had an older gentleman tell me he was glad to see me carrying awhile back. We were at Texas Roadhouse in Fishers when he said something. My wife was complimented at Marsh in the town we live in for carrying also. It's nice when people have positive reactions to seeing someone carrying a firearm in public.

Top Bottom