• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I'm dying to get out for turkey. Last year was my first year to hunt turkey and I loved every Min. Of it. Although I did not shoot anything, we snuck up on several, called some and the whole experience was just a blast. I am hooked for life.

I am thinking of taking my bow this time, as I would rather bow hunt then gun hunt for anything. The whole stealthy, tactical, sneak up on them, and take one out without any others even really knowing you took a shot. Might sound dumb to some, but it makes it more of an achievement in my book. And I am more confident in my bow accuracy then I am with a scattergun.

Any others who feel the about bow hunting over gun hunting? Don't get me wrong the gun still has it's place with me too. And I will be taking my recurve bow rabbit hunting this year when season gets here. I may only get 1 out of 100 but it will be fun and have all kinds of bragging rights.

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    I am getting the turkey hunting fever also. Bow hunted the fall season year before last no luck though. Hope the weather is good for opening week. Good luck on getting one with bow.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I'm almost ready. Need to pattern my gun again so I can decide what shotshell I'm gonna use. Killed a 16 lb turkey last spring, sure was some fine eatin. Put it in the smoker. Ummmm good!
    Charlie @ 'Flush Draw' Calls

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just patterned my 870 w/ Truglo STRUT-STOPPER XTREME choke on Saturday. Impressive load delivery at 30 yards. I think I'll be using a 3" magnum shell, 2oz load of #4, and dang if I can't remember which brand. Federal I think. Was real windy too, and had at least 8-12 pellets in the head kill zone (HS Strut turkey target.)
    target.jpg

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I'll be jumping the "gun" and heading down to Kentucky 11 days before Indiana opens.

KY has a two bird limit so I'll try to put one down with the 870 first, then switch to the TenPoint crossbow.

My turkey "medicine" is:

1) A predator camo dipped Remington 870 with a .665 Rhino choke shooting 4X5X7 Nitros. It is topped with Simmons ProDiamond 2X scope.

2) Tenpoint ProElite crossbow shooting 425 grain TenPoint ProElite arrows tipped with NAP Gobbler Getters broadheads.

Good luck to all.....

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    It can't get here soon enough for me. I will use both again this year to hunt turkey, might as well use all the time I can in the woods. Will probably scout in the AM and PM since I hunt 50 acres behind my house

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    In the 70's I spent every possible minute in the woods. I only saw TWO turkeys EVER, but LOTS of grouse. Now, I never see grouse, but TONS of turkeys!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I see them everyday to and from my bldg on Crane now.

Can't wait for youth season, the boy might bag his first before I do. But I'll be there to call and film for him.

Money17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This will be my first year turkey hunting and I can't wait. I have seen several when I was out deer hunting last year. Cant wait!!!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    This will be my first year turkey hunting and I can't wait. I have seen several when I was out deer hunting last year. Cant wait!!!

Same here. I saw a ton out deer hunting last year. I took opening day to Friday off of work. I plan on hunting that whole weekend too.

Yeah!...seeing them during deer season is not unusual, just wait until you are actually hunting them. It's a whole different ball game....F'ing bastards! :):

Money17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I may be changing jobs during season this year and be able to use a 7 days of vacation so I don't lose it. It may be my first time out but I would rather be out in the woods scaring Turkeys away than in the office!

Top Bottom