• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Excuse my ignorance but how can they decide the worst company of 2014? We're not even halfway through the year. Am I missing something?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    While some of these companies seem to be on the list for some recent poor publicity Comcast has real staying power as a longterm suckfest of a company.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really wish I had an alternative option when it comes to TV/Internet.

The ATT uVerse in my area just isn't fast enough. I've had years and years of horrible Comcast service.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I really wish I had an alternative option when it comes to TV/Internet.

The ATT uVerse in my area just isn't fast enough. I've had years and years of horrible Comcast service.

I wish I had another option for cable. As you say, ATT isn't fast enough. I had ATT DSL and phone service for years and their service is pretty bad also.

I don't have too many beefs with Comcast's service, the performance seems great to me. What I have an issue with is their business practices. I don't like the way they handle their billing. My bill last month suddenly spiked by $40 over and above what the previous 12 months had been. I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone to complain and finally get a new package deal. I just don't have that kind of time to waste, it's extremely annoying.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wish I had another option for cable. As you say, ATT isn't fast enough. I had ATT DSL and phone service for years and their service is pretty bad also.

I don't have too many beefs with Comcast's service, the performance seems great to me. What I have an issue with is their business practices. I don't like the way they handle their billing. My bill last month suddenly spiked by $40 over and above what the previous 12 months had been. I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone to complain and finally get a new package deal. I just don't have that kind of time to waste, it's extremely annoying.

Billing has always been an issue... and I've always been adamant about keeping it under $100, and being refunded liberally when stuff goes down for extended periods. I love the internet speed, it's excellent. The TV isn't bad (I actually preferred the uVerse TV service and DVR).

Finally gave them back their modem and bought my own (seriously, do this. A $70 modem is better than $8-9 per month rental over many years). It'll take one good, high-speed alternative in my area to make me switch immediately. If uVerse can bump up to around 55Mb down, I'd consider it... granted I did have to fight with them for MONTHS and debt collectors because of them trying to get $300 out of me for a trial.

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I still have a cable running across my back yard from a service call last month. It was supposed to have been buried within 4 days.
    Yeah, Comcast sucks the big one.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Gave my internet business to phone company, and my TV business to DirecTV. Will never do business with Comcast again...and Metronet sucks just as bad.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In Dallas I had 20+ channels free. When I moved to Lafayette, if you don't have cable, you don't have TV. I get really ticked that none of the available options are straight deals. You cannot go in and say, "I want to buy this product" and have them set a price and keep to it. Dish wants the freedom to lock you in for 2 years and then double the price later and eliminate services whenever they want. Comcast took away a lot of my channels after 6 months then a few months later they jack up the rental on the equipment, then a few months later they double the prices. I call and threatened to cancel and they lower the bill a little and give me a few more channels. Then several months later they raise the price again. All the while, they are advertising the original package at the original price I signed up for get originally. I guess the only way is to cancel for a week or two and sign up as a new customer.

Why can't we just have an honest stated product for a price that is the same for everyone? No games, no lies, no hassle.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Our oldest son moved out a while back and went with Comcrap for TV/internet. It took them THREE visits to get the install completed.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Gave my internet business to phone company, and my TV business to DirecTV. Will never do business with Comcast again...and Metronet sucks just as bad.
    really, i have never had an issue with metronet. no hiccups, no outages, no lost service, not even a slowdown and not even a bad billing inquiry. compared to comcast and frontier, metronet has been a dream.

redlined24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    bloomington
    Our oldest son moved out a while back and went with Comcrap for TV/internet. It took them THREE visits to get the install completed.

same thing happend to my girl friend.and the third guy they sent told here that he had just been hired that week and honestly had no idea how to fix her issues.... atleast he was honest i guess?:rolleyes:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That's what I figured. Wouldn't that make it the worst company in 2013?:dunno:
    The voting just ended the other day. I was one of the folks who visited the site and took part in it. The stats have just been based on what the companies have done in the past 12 months, up to last week.

Last edited:

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah when i moved to IN from IL in Oct i had to cancel my comcast cause they did not provide to the home i was moving to. My wife called to cancel she spent 2 hrs on the phone trying to cancel, they just kept trying to give her different packages and such, finally she started crying out of frustration and i took over. I screamed at the first idiot that they connected me to and the lady had the nerve to ask me to calm down. I told her 2 hours of my life has been wasted cause of them and to just cancel the dang service that we had NO choice since they did not provide service to where we where going to. She then started to try and offer me a deal, needless to say i started yelling again. She tells me then "what can i do to help you and calm you down" I reply cancel the service NOW. Then shortly after she tells me it is all finalized and service will be canceld. So when bill time came next month guess what happen. They billed me for that new month. I was ready to explode it was some of the worst customer service i have ever delt with. I would never get there service again even if it ment no Internet or what ever. SCREW comcast

Top Bottom