• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks like there is a show at the Bartholomew County fairgrounds this weekend. 9-5 Saturday and 9-3 Sunday. I don't think I'm going to be able to make this one unfortunately. Too much yard work to do. :(

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Thanks for the show heads up DD, I need the break.. But you are just kidding yourself if you think you can not take a few hours off to spend at the gun show.. How much weeding does that place need???

Personally I am glad your not going last time you sucked up all the good deals with 5 mins of it opening.. Now I think I have a fighting chance.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Geez, can you make it out alive??? I have seen Sci Fi movies end like this..

maybe you need some professional help..

1617840339391.png

and the handy dandy portable units for those out of the way places

1617840430830.png
    1617840522486.png

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Thanks for the show heads up DD, I need the break.. But you are just kidding yourself if you think you can not take a few hours off to spend at the gun show.. How much weeding does that place need???

Personally I am glad your not going last time you sucked up all the good deals with 5 mins of it opening.. Now I think I have a fighting chance.
    especially since it takes longer to get there and back than get through the whole building. Wonder if $400 worn out hi-point with a 1989 laser guy will have adjusted his price for covid?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    especially since it takes longer to get there and back than get through the whole building. Wonder if $400 worn out hi-point with a 1989 laser guy will have adjusted his price for covid?

I have always had good luck at this show.. Lot more older guns than newer.. But there always seems to be a fair number of decent dealers who show up and have things I want and that have been simpatico with my wallet..

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I have always had good luck at this show.. Lot more older guns than newer.. But there always seems to be a fair number of decent dealers who show up and have things I want and that have been simpatico with my wallet..
    Certainly there are some deals there that I've availed myself to as well but, as with any gun show, also some people with interesting notions. hi-point guy has just been there with the same gun at the same table for several years now so it stands out in my memory.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Certainly there are some deals there that I've availed myself to as well but, as with any gun show, also some people with interesting notions. hi-point guy has just been there with the same gun at the same table for several years now so it stands out in my memory.
    I wasn't planning on going, but I think I need to get an over priced Hi Point.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

Thats a shame. Sure you can see some crazy things, People will be people. I try to forget the dumb, and remember the good.. I disremember this show because I purchased a 24/47 with a scout scope on it.. The place was packed and as I was walking out the door the dealer chased me down because I left the original iron sight at his booth and he wanted to make sure I did not loose it. This guy did not know me for Adam yet he left his table unprotected on the other side of the building and hunted me down to make sure I had all the parts.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Is any one going that is bringing some walk in Mil Surp or even something cool???? Not necessary Steve Mcqueen cool just normal cool is ok. With DD out of the way I think I have a chance this show.
    And I am selling some blood this afternoon so I will have extra cash and a cookie.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Didnt someone have a negligent discharge at this show a year or so ago? I may attend since its in my town. Only been to it one other time back in '19. I usually dont have much luck at these small shows.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    With the rain tomorrow, there is an exceedingly small chance that I might try and make the show, but I'm not counting on it. I mean the only reason to go would be to snipe something out from under indy1919a4... :p

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    If you are looking for older firearms, this place was packed with variety. IE Astra 600, French Uniques etc. I picked up a Westinghouse Mosin from one dealer.. With in the time I was there, this guy sold an SKS, an Enfield No4, Another Mosin. And then purchased 4 walk in rifles and traded 2 more. I was afraid to set the Westinghouse down to look at other items. Things were hot and heavy from what I saw..

Ammo was alittle high. But there was some odd ball stuff.. 7,7 jap and Argentine. Was not happy about the price it but honesty the prices are what they are today.

No Joke, no kid. When I was looking at a trainer 22 a passing dealer asked me had I seen Doggy Daddy, I told him that Old DD was not coming today. Another dealer in the next booth, an Older Gentleman with a beard slapped his hands on the table and said "Damn it and I had a house payment due".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well dang it! Wish I could've made it, but at least I got my yard mowed before the rain came in, and now I'm getting ready to play plumber and fix a leak that I discovered under our deck when I turned the water to the outside faucets back on yesterday.

Top Bottom