Sunday 4 Feb 9am-3pm

Adults $6.00 - Free Parking

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Stopped by Columbia City show today. Didn't buy anything. There were a few vendors with decent stuff and fair-ish prices, but there were also the typical ones that wanted almost double the going rate. About half the tables were full of things other than guns.

There were some mil-surps, leverguns, and revolvers, just nothing priced well enough to get me to buy. I found one GI M1 carbine, but the guy wanted $1800 for it. I was kinda hunting for a used PX4 compact or a P226 in 9mm, but the former wasn't there (there was a subcompact 9mm and a full-size in .45) and the latter were way overpriced for their condition. One guy had a really nice S&W Model 19 for $875...seemed fair for the condition in the current market, but it was more than I could justify spending right now. He also had a 5" Model 25 in .45 Colt for $1050.

It was something to do on a day off, but I would have probably been better served to just make the rounds of the local shops. I'd have probably seen more interesting guns and saved me the $12 admission for me and my son. I did learn that there's a new shop that I didn't know about just one town over (they had a booth at the show). Discovering that was likely the most productive outcome of the whole trip.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Stopped by Columbia City show today. Didn't buy anything. There were a few vendors with decent stuff and fair-ish prices, but there were also the typical ones that wanted almost double the going rate. About half the tables were full of things other than guns.

There were some mil-surps, leverguns, and revolvers, just nothing priced well enough to get me to buy. I found one GI M1 carbine, but the guy wanted $1800 for it. I was kinda hunting for a used PX4 compact or a P226 in 9mm, but the former wasn't there (there was a subcompact 9mm and a full-size in .45) and the latter were way overpriced for their condition. One guy had a really nice S&W Model 19 for $875...seemed fair for the condition in the current market, but it was more than I could justify spending right now. He also had a 5" Model 25 in .45 Colt for $1050.

It was something to do on a day off, but I would have probably been better served to just make the rounds of the local shops. I'd have probably seen more interesting guns and saved me the $12 admission for me and my son. I did learn that there's a new shop that I didn't know about just one town over (they had a booth at the show). Discovering that was likely the most productive outcome of the whole trip.
    Buddy and I had the same impression of this show. The majority of guns were way overpriced. Spent a total of $18 on a used mag and a chamber flag.

If you don't mind, what is the name of the new shop?
    What town?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If you don't mind, what is the name of the new shop?
    What town?
    TD Tack at 420 S Sycamore St in Syracuse. Phone: 574-518-1167.

Not sure how new they actually are, just new to me. I don't know anything about them, just talked to them briefly at the show and he gave me his card. Seemed like decent guys, and they had an interesting inventory on the table at pretty reasonable prices. Seemed to cater more towards the practical than the collector, from the sampling that I saw, which is my kind of shop.

Top Bottom