• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The points in this article ring true to me. Will they do it?

“Star defensive tackle Chris Jones is only three days away from having the opportunity to entertain firm contract offers from a team other than the Chiefs. The Chiefs’ rivals should be lining up to sign him.”

“Every AFC West rival should be considering it. The teams that have to deal with the Chiefs in the playoffs should be considering it. The teams that might have to deal with the Chiefs in the Super Bowl also should consider it.”

One way to win a division is to sign all your divisional opponents best players ;)
    It is...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Titans make a big signing. Another example of moving within the division. Crazy.

Interesting that state tax figures into it.

But here's the intrigue: The Jaguars were offering Ridley less money per season than the Patriots, according to a league source. The reasons for that are that the Jaguars understood Ridley is from Florida (Fort Lauderdale to be precise). And Ridley and his camp understand Florida has no state income tax.”

“The Titans could afford to deliver the blow because they have more salary cap space at the start of the league year than just about any other team – an estimated $65.9 million, according to overthecap.com. And the Titans operate in a good 'ol no income tax state.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

But here's the intrigue: The Jaguars were offering Ridley less money per season than the Patriots, according to a league source. The reasons for that are that the Jaguars understood Ridley is from Florida (Fort Lauderdale to be precise). And Ridley and his camp understand Florida has no state income tax.”

“The Titans could afford to deliver the blow because they have more salary cap space at the start of the league year than just about any other team – an estimated $65.9 million, according to overthecap.com. And the Titans operate in a good 'ol no income tax state.

Makes me wonder how often it does factor. All the more reason to abolish IN income tax

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

If I recall high income athletes end up paying some state income taxes even when they play away games against opponents in other states who have state income tax. That said, it would still help to play half your games, and make most of your money in a state without it.

My company does this garbage currently when we travel even for a very short time for work to a state that has a state income tax. It's ridiculous and doesn't just factor in the days of pay but bonuses, stock awards. So far since my employer started this garbage I haven't had to travel to a state that has an income tax, but I will next month. Someone at my company is way to close to the govt and it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom