• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, clearly I need a new game time snack. Wings didn't work, and neither did shrimp. I guess I have a week to decide. This is serious business and not a decision I will enter into lightly. And I'm not taking advice from @foszoe .
    I don't get the alerts for some reason.

May I recommend red beans and rice?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We just watched it from taoe...so our disappointment was delayed by an hour.

I'll go against the grain....imagine that....I thought the offensive line was decent today...much better than before

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought the offensive line was decent today...much better than before
    I think that will be of little comfort to Wentz when he's soaking in an ice bath. The announcers were saying they had done better because he was "only" sacked twice or whatever, but he was getting rushed (hurried) and hit after the pass a LOT. I'm sorry, but IMHO the O-line is the weakest link right now. Second weakest would be the receiving corps due to injuries. Running backs are strong. Defense has been up and down, but mostly good. Wish we had more Leonards. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am making jalapeño burgers. There so big one may say they are Titan burgers
    iu

I'm not falling for that. Besides, that's a meal, not a snack, so fail! :p

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But Raiders fans have to be thrilled the Chargers put another dent in KC. I'm telling you the collective NFL defensive minds have figured out Mahomes, now the question is do they have the manpower to execute it.
    They are still trying to figure out that maniac under center on the Ravens.
    mahome’s can snatch some magic here and there and has skills. It seems they are getting pressyon him through his O line and closing Biden his receivers.

But Raiders fans have to be thrilled the Chargers put another dent in KC. I'm telling you the collective NFL defensive minds have figured out Mahomes, now the question is do they have the manpower to execute it.
    Did Carr get hurt today (Raiders fan)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that will be of little comfort to Wentz when he's soaking in an ice bath. The announcers were saying they had done better because he was "only" sacked twice or whatever, but he was getting rushed (hurried) and hit after the pass a LOT. I'm sorry, but IMHO the O-line is the weakest link right now. Second weakest would be the receiving corps due to injuries. Running backs are strong. Defense has been up and down, but mostly good. Wish we had more Leonards. :):
    He has no time. Running for his life.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and Titans win divisions.

Then there are three wildcards to be filled from Browns, Pats, Raiders, and Steelers. Broncos have also looked good. Just where do the Colts fit into this?

The only way I see is for the Colts to win the division over the Titans, hence the importance of tomorrow's game. I do not see splitting with the Titans as a viable way to the playoffs...

Now add in the Chargers into the wildcard mix.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I watched what I could.
    had some friends stop in and a load of wood delivered. I got to watch someone else work.
    then a nice visit. Ingo member IndyJohn and spouse. So no We had the Colts on occasional.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Slump buster munchies: you are doing it wrong. Go for the areas favorite food or known food. Or go the rivals favorite instead of the normal. Shrimp really. Where the freaking ocean around Indiana.

If you want to go Indiana style food for the slump buster then deep fried tenderloin sandwich.

sounds like maybe eating the rivals favorite food might work better. Miami does stone crab, Cuban sandwiches and key lime pie.

I would go for the Cuban and key lime.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What a crazy football Sunday.

Brady and Mahomes lose on the same day first time ever.

NFL record 66 yard field goal to win in Detroit.

Da Bears ONE yard passing in an NFL game. 68 yards forward minus the 67 sack yards.

Rodgers makes getting a FG from the 25 in 37 seconds look routine.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah football’s really easy on the internet….

What’s your sure-fire answer for our next franchise quarterback?

There is for sure no sure fire way to get a franchise QB, in fact, half the NFL do not have a franchise QB. I just believe that Wentz is injury prone and not likely to be a long term answer. I wold rather try to build a QB.

The starting rookies had an awful day, and that includes the lauded Lawrence. Their stats are amazing, so that is not an immediate answer but it is a move toward a future.

They went 0-4

Lost by 12-26 points.

4 TD's, 12 interceptions, 19 times sacked.

A combined passer rating of 43.1

It is tough building a team, we sometimes don't appreciate the true greatness in the really good teams...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom