• raycejones

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Ferdinand
    Hi everyone!

So I am looking hard at the Colt King Cobra with a 3in barrel for carry, but I hear that there are alot of issues with them. Can any CKC owners give me some input?

Thanks in advance!

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Hi everyone!

So I am looking hard at the Colt King Cobra with a 3in barrel for carry, but I hear that there are alot of issues with them. Can any CKC owners give me some input?

Thanks in advance!
    I assume you’re talking about the new CKCs? I have one and haven’t had any issues. I also really enjoy shooting it, but probably wouldn’t carry it. Im not a fan of gutter sights on EDCs unless I’m pocket carrying an J frame and I’m used to the short reset on semi-autos. It may just be misperception on my part but it seems like the trigger on the CKC needs to travel farther forward than my other revolvers to complete the cylinder rotation. Sometimes I forget which delays follow-up shots. It’s something you could get used to but I’d rather have the short reset.

raycejones

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Ferdinand
    I assume you’re talking about the new CKCs? I have one and haven’t had any issues. I also really enjoy shooting it, but probably wouldn’t carry it. Im not a fan of gutter sights on EDCs unless I’m pocket carrying an J frame and I’m used to the short reset on semi-autos. It may just be misperception on my part but it seems like the trigger on the CKC needs to travel farther forward than my other revolvers to complete the cylinder rotation. Sometimes I forget which delays follow-up shots. It’s something you could get used to but I’d rather have the short reset.
    Any issues with cylinder binding or lockup?

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Any issues with cylinder binding or lockup?
    No issues with the binding or lockup. You just have to make sure you allow the trigger to return to its original position to complete the rotation. I’m used to a shorter reset so it throws off my timing. I have a few revolvers now and would say the Colt has the longest DA trigger pull (albeit very smooth). My S&Ws, Kimber, and even my Ruger have shorter travel.

Top Bottom