• KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just waiting for, “yeah, well my dad’s bigger than your dad!”

God bless the internet, and all it’s little commandos.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm not the one saying builds won't match up to an issued service rifle.

Here is an illustration of the colt ripoff

Attachments

• PicsArt_07-05-01.28.23.jpg
      PicsArt_07-05-01.28.23.jpg
      273.5 KB · Views: 28

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm not the one saying builds won't match up to an issued service rifle.

Here is an illustration of the colt ripoff
    Educate me, as I’m obviously not as enlightened as others here. How is this a Colt ripoff?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So, you saved a $100 bucks? Well done sir! Pat yourself on the back.

That colt is a 600 dollar rifle selling at premium prices. It's 1/3 the rifle that the geissele is, but for some reason everyone rides that colt train. They don't make great rifles, they make ok rifles and mark up 500+ for a pony on the side.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That colt is a 600 dollar rifle selling at premium prices. It's 1/3 the rifle that the geissele is, but for some reason everyone rides that colt train. They don't make great rifles, they make ok rifles and mark up 500+ for a pony on the side.

You are 100% correct. Your Geissele is probably a much nicer shooting, and probably way lighter than the Colt 6940.

Colt rifles are adequate, that’s it. I’ve never said they were the best, or the Gold Standard. They are the minimum standard, nothing more. The one advantage that Colt has over most other rifle manufacturers is resale.

Owning a Colt is similar to owning AT&T stock. The price doesn’t fluctuate much, but it has always paid a dividend.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I won't cut them a break on pricing. A 6920 costs colt about 250 dollars on the high end. It's a bottom barrel gun they are gouging customers with. FN at least has a Knights rail ambi safety and proper rear buis.

A Ras and a matech sight do not cost $700.

Colt has been using ambi safeties on all their rifles for a bit now.
    The main thing that annoys me with FN is that they do not use hammer forged barrels, they use button rifled barrels. What makes this most annoying is FN forged barrels remain the most desirable for general purpose rifles, yet they do not use them on their flagship rifles.

As far as your rant against chrome lining, you're more than welcome to your opinion. Not all of us care about a sub-moa rifle.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You are 100% correct. Your Geissele is probably a much nicer shooting, and probably way lighter than the Colt 6940.

Colt rifles are adequate, that’s it. I’ve never said they were the best, or the Gold Standard. They are the minimum standard, nothing more. The one advantage that Colt has over most other rifle manufacturers is resale.

Owning a Colt is similar to owning AT&T stock. The price doesn’t fluctuate much, but it has always paid a dividend.

Resale isn't a measure of quality or usability

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Had to work today. Some one has to make the donuts.

This got interesting.
    Not really.

Like I said in my first post in this thread. It’s just hip to hate Colt, the same as it is to hate Nickleback. The internet says they suck, so they go with the crowd. Sheep are very set in their ways and can’t be taught anything. They learned stuff on the airsoft forums.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Not really.

Like I said in my first post in this thread. It’s just hip to hate Colt, the same as it is to hate Nickleback. The internet says they suck, so they go with the crowd. Sheep are very set in their ways and can’t be taught anything. They learned stuff on the airsoft forums.

I laid out specifc evidence why we should hate on them for gouging. If they kept the 6920 at 650-700 I wouldn't have an issue.

Top Bottom