• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have an LE6920 that I bought back in 2014. I gave right around $1K at that time. It's a solid rifle, but nothing special. I actually like my Windham MPC I bought around the same time frame better.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    What are we considering as "older" 6920s and "newer" ones. Was there a cut off date? I have one that I bought brand new in '12. Came with Magpul furniture in FDE. Just curious where it fits in.
    I think that 2013 is when the 6920 started getting the reputation for cheapening up (like Colt not including the detachable carry handle any more). I don’t know how much truth or substance there is to that, or even if that 2013 cutoff makes much difference for current market prices in our crazy seller’s market environment, but it‘s just what I’ve seen people griping about on arfcom.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Most of my Colts are Pre Ban (Us OGs know the pain) a few are Brady era and then I have a couple non Colts I’ve built more recently. When I look at anything from Colt in the last 10-15 years there is a definite difference in fit and finish. Having said that though the early SP1s I have are no beauty queens either! I know you can spend a fortune on a newer boutique built AR but to me the older Colts will always be the best.

Top Bottom