• ...and so much more!
  • loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    "Schmucky" creeped me out well before this. He looks like a cross between a snake and a weasel.
    I don't normally have violent tendencies. But Every time I see him on TV. I get this overpowering urge to smack those glasses off his face. IDK why!! It's a probably a good idea that I should never be in the same room as him. lol

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've read several of the MSM articles claiming that there are threats of violence online aimed at these Colorado judges, yet none have had links or even screen shots to the supposed posts. If they're so rampant, wouldn't you think they'd at least post some shred of evidence of it?

Nah, we're just supposed to take it all at face value.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've read several of the MSM articles claiming that there are threats of violence online aimed at these Colorado judges, yet none have had links or even screen shots to the supposed posts. If they're so rampant, wouldn't you think they'd at least post some shred of evidence of it?

Nah, we're just supposed to take it all at face value.
    Oh, I'm sure there are more than a couple OnlyTrumpers out there stupid enough to make threats.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh, I'm sure there are more than a couple OnlyTrumpers out there stupid enough to make threats.
    and lets not forget that the left's idea of "threats of violence" could be a mean stare. I still hear that jan 6 was an "armed insurrection". Yes, people there had arms, hands and fingers. Doesn't make it an "armed insurrection" anymore than I look like David Boreanaz

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to hear a complete explanation by TDS'ers who support this ruling. Do you support it because you like the outcome? Is that it? **** rule of law? **** due process? Do you think a state supreme court has the authority to judge that such a crime has been committed without any charges, or trial?

C'mon. Justify yourself. Come out of the woodwork. Make your case. Anyone? @LeftyGunner? Anything? :dunno:

I’ll take a swing…although I do take umbrage with the TDS label.

I don‘t really have a strong opinion about the Colorado decision, to me it looks like it was designed to be challenged and end up in front of SCOTUS.

I think Trump‘s electors scheme should disqualify him from ever running for public office again…he took action to keep his legally-elected replacement from taking office…it stopped being a ”wacky legal theory” the moment he made any attempt at all to implement it in reality…and he did factually attempt to do so.

It is my opinion that people who don’t respect the outcome of elections should not be allowed to run in them…full stop.

I am not a lawyer, and much of this maneuvering is well outside my level of understanding, but it seems to me that this question does belong in front of the state Court first, but ultimately it would be for the SCOTUS to decide. These proceedings carry all of the usual trappings of the full weight of law, and I see no reason to doubt the legitimacy or legality of the filings at this point in time.

I think it is well past time to start holding our elected officials accountable when they break the law, and I am tired of partisans excusing their guy because the other guy didn’t get the same treatment first…it has to start somewhere, and Donald Trump deserves to spend time under a prosecutor’s microscope more than just about anyone else I can think of.

Trump’s prosecution clears roadblocks for future prosecutions against people like the Clintons, Schumers, Pelosis and Bidens…and I am all for it.

I don’t really care if a criminal investigation is politically motivated, I care whether or not the prosecution is factually-based and is tried in public in accordance with the law.

I will admit that Trump’s investigation had political origins, but the legitimacy of the charges are for the court to decide, and I think claims of a political prosecution of Trump are rooted more in partisanship than in fact. Trump could murder someone on live television and his supporters would claim that any prosecution was political, so I don’t see any legitimate reason to believe their protests against the current charges, honestly.

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I’ll take a swing…although I do take umbrage with the TDS label.

I don‘t really have a strong opinion about the Colorado decision, to me it looks like it was designed to be challenged and end up in front of SCOTUS.

I think Trump‘s electors scheme should disqualify him from ever running for public office again…he took action to keep his legally-elected replacement from taking office…it stopped being a ”wacky legal theory” the moment he made any attempt at all to implement it in reality…and he did factually attempt to do so.

It is my opinion that people who won’t respect the outcome of elections should not be allowed to run in them…full stop.

I am not a lawyer, and much of this maneuvering is well outside my level of understanding, but it seems to me that this question does belong in front of the state Court first, but ultimately it would be for the SCOTUS to decide. These proceedings carry all of the usual trappings of the full weight of law, and I see no reason to doubt the legitimacy or legality of the filings at this point in time.

I think it is well past time to start holding our elected officials accountable when they break the law, and I am tired of partisans excusing their guy because the other guy didn’t get the same treatment first…it has to start somewhere, and Donald Trump deserves to spend time under a prosecutor’s microscope more than just about anyone else I can think of.

Trump’s prosecution clears roadblocks for future prosecutions against people like the Clintons, Schumers, Pelosis and Bidens…and I am all for it.

I don’t really care if a criminal investigation is politically motivated, I care whether or not the prosecution is factually-based and is tried in public in accordance with the law.

I will admit that Trump’s investigation had political origins, but the legitimacy of the charges are for the court to decide, and I think claims of a political prosecution of Trump are rooted more in partisanship than in fact. Trump could murder someone on live television and his supporters would claim that any prosecution was political, so I don’t see any legitimate reason to believe their protests against the current charges, honestly.
    You have actually said a lot that I agree with you on. All elected officials need to be held accountable. And may I add that they need to be held at the highest standard. Not the standard of one party over the other. Or a set of standards for one party and a different for the other.

But something I don't see most liberals understanding is... The right is treating the lefts president like the left had treated theirs!! It saddens me that we as a country has stooped to such a level!! And thus, this is something else that must stop. People of all parties needs to stop worshiping the elected officials as gods!!!!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You have actually said a lot that I agree with you on. All elected officials need to be held accountable. And may I add that they need to be held at the highest standard. Not the standard of one party over the other. Or a set of standards for one party and a different for the other.

But something I don't see most liberals understanding is... The right is treating the lefts president like the left had treated theirs!! It saddens me that we as a country has stooped to such a level!! And thus, this is something else that must stop. People of all parties needs to stop worshiping the elected officials as gods!!!!
    Really? The repubs have ordered the FBI to raid Bidens house? Oh wait they harrased his son... who STILL hasn't been arrested as he should have been. They've brought about multiple baseless impeachments based on partisan politics? Biden has been under the media microscope and literally every speech hes made has been edited to say things that he actually didn't say? Then those misquotes repeated ad nauseum until they are "true"?

Yeah I don't think that means what you think it means.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But But Trump did win the generals and then he turned on them....oh maybe you mean elections.
    No, no! According to one ... distinguished ... member, to say anything about Trump or generals or Trump's choice of lawyers is to be a Nazi apologist, or something

And don't even get me started on the parameters of Putin loving

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Really? The repubs have ordered the FBI to raid Bidens house? Oh wait they harrased his son... who STILL hasn't been arrested as he should have been. They've brought about multiple baseless impeachments based on partisan politics? Biden has been under the media microscope and literally every speech hes made has been edited to say things that he actually didn't say? Then those misquotes repeated ad nauseum until they are "true"?

Yeah I don't think that means what you think it means.
    The right voters is treating the left voters president like the left voters had treated theirs!! Is what I meant. But getting to congress. The right has shown they have no manhood when it comes to anything.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

All snark aside…I am PERFECTLY content with barring every person who holds office now, or who has ever held office in the past from running ever again.

I would be even more content with a mandatory criminal audit of every elected officeholder at every level of government…a mandatory exit-investigation, if you will.

**** them all… right now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Finish the middle game and onto the end game. Red states start removing Democrats from the ballot.
    Let me predict for you how it will go

Hopefully the attempt to use the 14th amendment against Trump will fail. After that, a 'bipartisan' group of uniparty members will introduce legislation to address the gambit, making sure it can't be used against them - so, no righteous retribution and likely the measure will contain the hidden seeds of further federalization of election rules so that the freedom of those icky red states in that area can be further constrained

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    No, no! According to one ... distinguished ... member, to say anything about Trump or generals or Trump's choice of lawyers is to be a Nazi apologist, or something

And don't even get me started on the parameters of Putin loving
    :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At least they have superiors. Hopefully SCOTUS will bitch-slap them. Personally, I think they should be impeached. They denied due process. They usurped power they don't have. If this stands, every red state should do the same to Democrats. Find something plausible to accuse them of and just remove them from the ballot. Let's not stop at POTUS. Representatives. Senators. Show them the world they propose is unlivable by forcing them to live in it.
    You're not allowing for the 'We're better than that' wing of the GOPe being only willing to do nothing but clutch their pearls

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom