• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    'What if I spurt on Andy?' How do you apologize to a friend for something like that? Flowers would not be enough.
    I guarantee you wouldn't be the first, your friend knew the risks when he chose to become a gastroenterologist lol

I happen to know there are also a good number of people who skip the MoviPrep, imagine him having to navigate through one of those

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well that was pretty much a no brainer. Two very small polyps that they removed and are sending to the lab but I’m not going to lose any sleep over the results. Two very small pockets of diverticulosis that are nothing of concern. Time to crank up the fiber in the diet.

The most disappointing part was not even remembering the anesthesia. I was looking forward to that from what I’ve heard but I don’t even remember falling asleep and was pretty much awake and mostly back to normal in about 15 minutes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well that was pretty much a no brainer. Two very small polyps that they removed and are sending to the lab but I’m not going to lose any sleep over the results. Two very small pockets of diverticulosis that are nothing of concern. Time to crank up the fiber in the diet.

The most disappointing part was not even remembering the anesthesia. I was looking forward to that from what I’ve heard but I don’t even remember falling asleep and was pretty much awake and mostly back to normal in about 15 minutes.

I know what you mean about the anesthesia. It felt like a slow blink, and I back was in the recovery room. I'm due for one later this year too.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    I've been getting colonoscopies for over 30 years now. I also have problems swallowing at times and have to have my esophagus stretched (a procedure called an esophogeal dilation) every few years. Yep, they were able to do both the colonoscopy and the esophageal dilation during my last appointment. There was real worry on my part that they were going to screw up and stretch the wrong end.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    PSA:
    Not to Denny the thread but I had mine about five years ago. During my consultation with the Doctor he tells me what all is going to happen then ask if I have been having any issues. I told him I had been experiencing diarrhea for a few days that was black in color (sorry for the detail but it’s important).

He asks how black and I tell him very black. He said ok we’re going to do a blood test in the stool. I’m thinking ok he’s still going over part of the procedure in a couple days. Then he says lower your pants and I say “Huh, wait, what NOW!?”

My mind races back to being a kid and my mom throwing away socks or underwear because it would be terrible and reflect on her as a parent if I was in an accident and had to go to the hospital with holes in my fruit of the looms. What if the underwear I had on had bleach spots, a hole in them or fraying elastic.

I reluctantly lowered my britches and got the swab test completed. The test was positive for blood in my stool so they changed my procedure diagnosis to a different code.

I had the procedure and Allen’s post was right on target with the way it was. Everything came back perfectly clear. He said the blood in the stool
    was probably from some food poisoning. Then I get a $1,500 Bill in the mail. I call to find out why it’s wasn’t a no charge under my insurance wellness. They said when the doctor changed the code it changed the billing. It was the exact same procedure just coded differently. I fought it for about three months before it was going to go to collections so I ended up using Care Credit that was interest free and around $50 a month for two years instead of paying it in full.

I know I’m setting myself up for the INGO Hazing but I don’t want anybody else to get a $1,500 Bill by surprise.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    PSA:
    Not to Denny the thread but I had mine about five years ago. During my consultation with the Doctor he tells me what all is going to happen then ask if I have been having any issues. I told him I had been experiencing diarrhea for a few days that was black in color (sorry for the detail but it’s important).

He asks how black and I tell him very black. He said ok we’re going to do a blood test in the stool. I’m thinking ok he’s still going over part of the procedure in a couple days. Then he says lower your pants and I say “Huh, wait, what NOW!?”

My mind races back to being a kid and my mom throwing away socks or underwear because it would be terrible and reflect on her as a parent if I was in an accident and had to go to the hospital with holes in my fruit of the looms. What if the underwear I had on had bleach spots, a hole in them or fraying elastic.

I reluctantly lowered my britches and got the swab test completed. The test was positive for blood in my stool so they changed my procedure diagnosis to a different code.

I had the procedure and Allen’s post was right on target with the way it was. Everything came back perfectly clear. He said the blood in the stool
    was probably from some food poisoning. Then I get a $1,500 Bill in the mail. I call to find out why it’s wasn’t a no charge under my insurance wellness. They said when the doctor changed the code it changed the billing. It was the exact same procedure just coded differently. I fought it for about three months before it was going to go to collections so I ended up using Care Credit that was interest free and around $50 a month for two years instead of paying it in full.

I know I’m setting myself up for the INGO Hazing but I don’t want anybody else to get a $1,500 Bill by surprise.

I've had to go back and forth between my doctor's office and Anthem BC before because of the way something was coded. Usually just had to have the doctor's office resubmit with the "covered" code. They wouldn't work with you? That's kinda sucky!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I've had to go back and forth between my doctor's office and Anthem BC before because of the way something was coded. Usually just had to have the doctor's office resubmit with the "covered" code. They wouldn't work with you? That's kinda sucky!

Nope they wouldn’t budge. Insurance company told me to do what you said. Get them to resubmit. They said they were not allowed to change coding because it could be considered insurance fraud. It was so ridiculous which is why I used Care credit to pay them. I like to pay off any debt I have as soon as possible but I used the interest free payment plan to stretch out the payments over two years.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, unless I find some resolution today my colonoscopy yesterday cost me an extra $3200. Why, you ask? Because I was making $200/week donating convalescent plasma and they want to put me on a 16 week deferral for a non-invasive procedure. Go figure…

Time to make some phone calls... can any doctors in here tell me why they would put me on the shelf for four months just because I had a colonoscopy? The place I donate puts colonoscopies in the same category as minimally invasive endoscopic procedures, thus the four-month deferral.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nope they wouldn’t budge. Insurance company told me to do what you said. Get them to resubmit. They said they were not allowed to change coding because it could be considered insurance fraud. It was so ridiculous which is why I used Care credit to pay them. I like to pay off any debt I have as soon as possible but I used the interest free payment plan to stretch out the payments over two years.

That bites. How could it be insurance fraud when the insurance company itself is telling them to change the code and resubmit? I hate that crap.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    That bites. How could it be insurance fraud when the insurance company itself is telling them to change the code and resubmit? I hate that crap.
    I completely agree. I took it all the way up to the patient advocate department but they wouldn’t budge. That’s The Beacon Medical system at its finest.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had one today. I had polyps before. Nothing 3 years ago, so I was hoping to start stretching it out. But they came back. Get them out before they turn to cancer. Easy to prevent, just get checked. And my insurance picks up the tab.
    There was a lot of women in there today. I didn't see any other men.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had one today. I had polyps before. Nothing 3 years ago, so I was hoping to start stretching it out. But they came back. Get them out before they turn to cancer. Easy to prevent, just get checked. And my insurance picks up the tab.

So you're not a perfect *******? ;) Mine is coming up around the first of January. I was on the 3 year plan for awhile but after the last one they didn't find anything so they stretched it out (no pun intended!) to 5 years.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Hmmmm sure you were in the right office? Did his scope look like this?

6147vgVrJ0L._AC_SL1219_.jpg

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I was shoving the 25' black electrical cord back into the camper trailer a few days ago and I wondered if this is what it is like to be a proctologist......

Still haven't scheduled my 5yr after C19 cropped up.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    #CheckIt4Andretti, people! Colonoscopies might be no joke, but colon cancer is even less of one.

A few of you won’t be surprised to learn that I’m indeed a perfect ******* (I got a 10-year pass!). The anesthesia was like getting off so intensely that you pass out. 10/10–would do again LOL

Top Bottom