• ...and so much more!
  • zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Universal background checks are unenforceable without a gun registry, which is illegal under the gun control act and the Brady bill.
    Historically, a registry has been the gate to take guns from law abiding citizens, and crime goes up because no one can defend themselves.

This guy gets it.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Here it is - I spent a good amount of time on this. I uploaded it as a PDF, but if someone asks I'll copy/paste it. Thanks. Feel free to share, but I am not qualified in any way so using this as a fact may not be the best thing.

Attachments

• datadocument.pdf
      134.8 KB · Views: 28

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here it is - I spent a good amount of time on this. I uploaded it as a PDF, but if someone asks I'll copy/paste it. Thanks. Feel free to share, but I am not qualified in any way so using this as a fact may not be the best thing.
    Hopefully you get a fair shake on your work.

A couple things I noted:

Times New Roman font, I approve!

71% of the mostly folks younger than my kids knew all the prohibited possessor criteria? I did a double-take on that one. That surprised me but it is good to see.

We (law-abiding gun owners, 2A advocates, etc.) have to educate those who think all black rifles are "weapons of war".

Too easy to get a gun. The last gun I bought was at an auction. I sat on aluminum bleachers for hours. I had to outbid countless people in-person and online. Then I had to stand in a line to fill out a 4473, followed by standing in a line to pay a chunk of money. Nothing easy about that!! Again, more educating is required.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Hopefully you get a fair shake on your work.

A couple things I noted:

Times New Roman font, I approve!

71% of the mostly folks younger than my kids knew all the prohibited possessor criteria? I did a double-take on that one. That surprised me but it is good to see.

We (law-abiding gun owners, 2A advocates, etc.) have to educate those who think all black rifles are "weapons of war".

Too easy to get a gun. The last gun I bought was at an auction. I sat on aluminum bleachers for hours. I had to outbid countless people in-person and online. Then I had to stand in a line to fill out a 4473, followed by standing in a line to pay a chunk of money. Nothing easy about that!! Again, more educating is required.

Of course. 71% knowing may be due to their own research out of curiosity- whether for or against 2a. I should have changed it to Too Easy, Too Hard, Just right.

Auctions seem fun, but it sucks because all of the things I would buy are handguns and I’m 20. Also in college, insert broke college student joke.

Should it make something clear too - the “weapons of war” comment was the only “non-binary, 26-35 year old” who responded. So.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Auctions seem fun, but it sucks because all of the things I would buy are handguns and I’m 20. Also in college, insert broke college student joke.
    You have much to learn grasshopper.
    Just last year at an estate auction, I watched gun after gun after gun for for much more than I wanted to pay. Then they went through a metric ton of ammo, table after table of ammo. This guy had a full 8' long folding table full of 28 gauge shot shells!
    I was ready to leave but riding with my brother and he wanted to stay.
    They went through a bunch of Mec loading presses for shotguns, 4 or 5 different Dillon presses, and towards the end they pulled a jewel out from under a table.
    They held up a Bonanza coaxial press (Foster knockoff).
    Started the bidding at $25.
    Someone bid immediately and I bid $30.
    Other guy bid $32 and I went &35.
    That was it!
    I walked out of there with a $250 press for $35!

There can be many treasures in auctions/estate sales if you look hard enough, and you're lucky.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'll be that guy. I'm trying to read it on a cell phone and it's not working well.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You have much to learn grasshopper.
    Just last year at an estate auction, I watched gun after gun after gun for for much more than I wanted to pay. Then they went through a metric ton of ammo, table after table of ammo. This guy had a full 8' long folding table full of 28 gauge shot shells!
    I was ready to leave but riding with my brother and he wanted to stay.
    They went through a bunch of Mec loading presses for shotguns, 4 or 5 different Dillon presses, and towards the end they pulled a jewel out from under a table.
    They held up a Bonanza coaxial press (Foster knockoff).
    Started the bidding at $25.
    Someone bid immediately and I bid $30.
    Other guy bid $32 and I went &35.
    That was it!
    I walked out of there with a $250 press for $35!

There can be many treasures in auctions/estate sales if you look hard enough, and you're lucky.

Great catch!

This is why I love auctions. If nobody else really wants it...

I needed a new desk. I put a bid in on an absolutely gorgeous roll-top desk. A few others were mildly interested but i wound up snagging it for $75. At the time I won I was just diagnosed with Covid. Called them and said that while I was feeling mostly Okay I didn't think they'd want me coming in with the plague. They were happy I called and delivered for $30.

Looking online a good quality roll-top desk goes anywhere from $4,000 - $7,000, with a few over $10k.

As a matter of fact I need to pick up a win tomorrow for two (2) old VCRs and a UPS. $16.95 total. Even if I have to replace the battery on the UPS it's still a lot less than buying new.

Regards,

Doug

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I was referring to the sale through an FFL, since an FLL can deny you for acting strange.

Since private sales should have background checks/proof of not being a prohibited possessor, it is still not as easy as getting a gun illegally.

Yes, you can go around the law (as criminals do) but you now have a felony in your waistband.
    Where in the 2A are background checks mentioned?

Top Bottom