• ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    WEAPONS OF CHOICE
    [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]'Look, no weapons are allowed on campus, period'[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1]Posted: February 19, 2009[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]12:00 am Eastern[/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif]By Chelsea Schilling[/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1]© 2009 WorldNetDaily [/SIZE]
    maxwell1.jpg

Jeffrey Maxwell (photo: Democrat Herald)

A Marine has been arrested, suspended from college
    and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation for bringing a handgun and knife to campus – even though he holds a concealed carry permit issued by the state.
    "They put me in cuffs as quick as they could and hauled me off," Western Oregon University student Jeffrey L. Maxwell told Portland's KATU-TV. "With my concealed weapons permit, I thought I was well within my rights to carry it. I never remember signing away my right to keep and bear arms."
    Campus police arrested Maxwell, a 30-year-old junior, Jan. 28 after someone reported seeing a knife in his pocket. Maxwell was cooperative when authorities detained him. When they asked if he had any other weapons, he politely informed them he had a loaded two-shot .22 caliber Derringer and pocket knives in his possession. He also said he carried a rifle in his truck.
    Monmouth police took Maxwell into custody for violation of ORS 166.370, possession of a firearm in a public building. Kevin Starrett, president of the Oregon Firearms Federation, said Maxwell was forced to sit at the police station for three hours after the district told police to charge him.
    "The law is absolutely clear that Jeffrey was not doing anything illegal, and this district attorney doesn't know that?" he told WND. "They can't figure out to read three lines and one section of the law?"
    Polk County District Attorney Stan Butterfield dropped charges against Maxwell Feb. 10.
    "I believe the Police Department issued the citation in good faith and that there was an arguable violation," Butterfield wrote in an obtained by KATU. "However, a careful reading of the statute and the facts led me to conclude the charge was not in the best interest of justice."
    Nonetheless, a Western Oregon University student disciplinary panel has determined that Maxwell may not re-enroll at the college until a mental determines that he is not a threat to himself or the public. The panel consisted of four unnamed students and one university staff member. Maxwell asked for a public hearing, but his request was denied.
    "These were children on the panel who were judging him," Starrett said. "These people were in elementary school when Jeff was serving his country in the Marine Corps. I looked at these kids thinking, these kids are judging this guy?"

As soon as the hearing was over, the panel closed and locked the doors, he said. Suddenly, nearly 50 people standing outside heard a burst of laughter coming from the room.
    "We were like, 'What the hell is going on in there?'" Starrett said. "I've never seen anything like it."
    The panel also demanded that Maxwell submit a 10-page essay on the importance of following the law, accepting responsibility for his actions and recognizing the impact of possessing weapons on a college campus before he will be allowed to return next spring.
    University policy prohibits people from carrying weapons, even if they have state-issued permits. But Maxwell and his attorney are fighting the decision – saying the school's rule undermines Oregon state law and violates his right to carry firearms into public buildings.
    derringer1.jpg
    "They had no interest in the Oregon state law," Maxwell told KATU. "They didn't want to hear anything pertaining to the law. They only wanted to hear what was pertaining to the student codes of conduct."
    Starrett said, "It was clearly an effort to humiliate him. Every time someone exercises their rights they need to get their head examined? It's unnerving stuff."
    Joe Hutchinson from Campus Public Safety told the Western Oregon Journal, the university's student newspaper, that the Oregon University System policies are stricter than state regulations.
    "We go one step further and say, look, no weapons are allowed on campus, period," he said.
    But Oregon State Reps. Bruce Hanna, R-Roseburg, and Kim Thatcher, R-Keizer, wrote a letter to Oregon University System Chancellor George Pernsteiner asking the college to discard policies that undermine rights of gun owners who possess permits, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
    "I hope the universities will recognize that those with concealed handgun licenses are legally able to bring their arms on campus," Thatcher said.
    The Oregon Firearms Federation is demanding Maxwell reinstatement, an apology and compensation for the student. Maxwell has written a letter of appeal to the school.
    "It's a letter of his position on why they're wrong, and that's the process," Starrett said. "That's been sent. Now, what we're expecting is just for them to blow it off, and then we file our lawsuit."
    When asked why he carried the weapons on campus, Maxwell said he was concerned about his and other students' safety after the April 2007 massacre at Virginia Tech.
    "When Marines hear gunfire, we don't run from it. We run toward it," Maxwell told KATU. "I kind of thought of myself as one of the good guys – the one who, if something happened at school, was going to step in and save everybody else."

Nonetheless, a Western Oregon University student disciplinary panel has determined that Maxwell may not re-enroll at the college until a mental health determines that he is not a threat to himself or the public. The panel consisted of four unnamed students and one university staff member.

What a freaking joke. Nice to see charges dropped and these idiots should be proud to have someone like him at their school.

Last edited:

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Wow....simply wow! If he was trying to conceal an assult rifle, or an obscene amount of ammunition...Maybe I might be able to follow.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Wow....simply wow! If he was trying to conceal an assult rifle, or an obscene amount of ammunition...Maybe I might be able to follow.
    The second amendment doesn't specify what types of firearms we're allowed to have. It shouldn't matter what he had in his possession if it was legal. Besides, what's an assault rifle?

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Gee, didn't anyone notice that the original call was for a knife in his pocket? I'd be in trouble all the time.....

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Dear Oregon College,
    I am pleased to find that you are all mindless sheep.
    Attached is a bill for a full repayment of the remainder of my tuition, since I can no longer attend the campus.
    Go fu#%#@%ck yourselves.
    Sincerely,
    Jeff "Gunner" Maxwell.

Seriously, this is complete bull ****. THIS ^ is what you get when you have a democracy and not a republic. You get mindless, underage, under appreciative, ignorant, "open minded", liberal thinking fools - as a judgment by your "peers."

They should hand this guy a badge and make him undercover campus police.

Are they serious - a pshyc eval?

THE GUY HAS A CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE FOR GOD'S SAKE! He's had his back ground check - thats more than 90% of your student body can say for themselves.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm disappointed with the kid. If he's going to carry a gun, he needs to carry a real gun. Any penalties he might face are the same whether it's a .22 pea shooter or a .500 S&W magnum.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    This is pretty sickening. I hope SB 0012 passes here. I want to be able to carry on campus without worry of any University disiplinary actions.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Dear Oregon College,
    I am pleased to find that you are all mindless sheep.
    Attached is a bill for a full repayment of the remainder of my tuition, since I can no longer attend the campus.
    Go fu#%#@%ck yourselves.
    Sincerely,
    Jeff "Gunner" Maxwell.

Seriously, this is complete bull ****. THIS ^ is what you get when you have a democracy and not a republic. You get mindless, underage, under appreciative, ignorant, "open minded", liberal thinking fools - as a judgment by your "peers."

They should hand this guy a badge and make him undercover campus police.

Are they serious - a pshyc eval?

THE GUY HAS A CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE FOR GOD'S SAKE! He's had his back ground check - thats more than 90% of your student body can say for themselves.

Jon took the words right out of my mouth....

I'm disappointed with the kid. If he's going to carry a gun, he needs to carry a real gun. Any penalties he might face are the same whether it's a .22 pea shooter or a .500 S&W magnum.

damned if Rhino didn't as well......

:yesway: Thanks guys! Saved me some typing!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Why? :dunno: It's not what you got, it's what you do with it.

This is pretty sickening. I hope SB 0012 passes here. I want to be able to carry on campus without worry of any University disiplinary actions.
    That's a big ole :+1:

I have my knife on campus every day. I've even used it before. Only once did I get a "why would anyone need a knife like that?!?!" I simply looked up and said "do you not see me using it to open this right now?" :n00b:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    <----------- this guy says thank God for that! :D

Many colleges have "weapons" clauses. Weapons can include all sorts of things like pocket knives, OC/Pepper spray, or even Star Wars Light Sabers ;)

I would never make it in college with my current state of mind.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Sheepdog! Sometimes, we just have to ignore the sheep bleating at each other.

HTML:
    "When Marines hear gunfire, we don't run from it. We run toward it," Maxwell told KATU. "I kind of thought of myself as one of the good guys – the one who, if something happened at school, was going to step in and save everybody else."

I wouldn't have said I was going to step in and save everybody else though. A sheepdog works best when we're visible but unobtrusive.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I think this should be associated with the listing found in "The Urban Dictionary"....

******** :
    1) noun. Stuff that is made up for the purpose of placating someone, or passing an exam, or getting elected to office. Most often false or ridiculous.
    2) verb. To generate ********.
    3) interjection. Accusing someone of bullshitting.
    4) adjective. Identifying or suspecting something as ********.

In all usages, the term can be shortened to "bull" or "BS".
    1) My essay was complete ********.
    2) Man, I gotta learn to ******** properly if I want to pass this English exam.
    3) "I was sick all last week!" "********!"
    4) That is such a ******** answer.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I have my knife on campus every day. I've even used it before. Only once did I get a "why would anyone need a knife like that?!?!" I simply looked up and said "do you not see me using it to open this right now?" :n00b:
    Nate I had the same thing happen. Funny part is my boss uses it all of the time now. I work on campus by the way.

Top Bottom