• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I wish I could join you guys. Im at IU dental school on IUPUI campus. However, one of the head administrators already brought up the empty holster protest from years past, and I would be facing disciplinary action...Normally this would not be a problem, as I love to ruffle feathers and **** off liberals, but this is a professional school and I don't need to be doing anything that could jeopardize all the hard work I've put in...
    Anyway...Anyone doing this at IUPUI please make yourself known!! Ill keep up my end by educating some of the lib-tards I hang out with and take them shooting like I have been doing. Good luck all who participate.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I wish I could join you guys. Im at IU dental school on IUPUI campus. However, one of the head administrators already brought up the empty holster protest from years past, and I would be facing disciplinary action...Normally this would not be a problem, as I love to ruffle feathers and **** off liberals, but this is a professional school and I don't need to be doing anything that could jeopardize all the hard work I've put in...
    Anyway...Anyone doing this at IUPUI please make yourself known!! Ill keep up my end by educating some of the lib-tards I hang out with and take them shooting like I have been doing. Good luck all who participate.

They are threatening disciplinary action if you wore an empty holster?! Wow! I only know of one professor in the law school who is pro-guns, but the rest detest the idea; however they will not infringe on our ability (not even necessarily a right) to wear an empty holster. I'm sorry you are paying them so much to stifle your right to protest in this way, which has been held up by the Supreme Court; not even addressed by the state, and the University has been silent on the issue. So, I guess the dental school is calling the shots on this one, alone. Please remember this when they send their alumni donor information! :xmad:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Nothing wrong with taking a few years off from feather ruffling while you make sure you can provide well for your family. Just make sure you don't lose the fire in your belly in the mean time!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Nothing wrong with taking a few years off from feather ruffling while you make sure you can provide well for your family. Just make sure you don't lose the fire in your belly in the mean time!
    Well when you're paying about $40,000 a year and are going to end up in about $200,000 in debt by the time you get out...can't really afford to take a few years off haha. Ill live with it for now, and make up for it elsewhere by vehemently arguing with and shutting down any anti-gun rhetoric I hear, and donating to and participating with groups that support our rights when I have some really money.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    They are threatening disciplinary action if you wore an empty holster?! Wow! I only know of one professor in the law school who is pro-guns, but the rest detest the idea; however they will not infringe on our ability (not even necessarily a right) to wear an empty holster. I'm sorry you are paying them so much to stifle your right to protest in this way, which has been held up by the Supreme Court; not even addressed by the state, and the University has been silent on the issue. So, I guess the dental school is calling the shots on this one, alone. Please remember this when they send their alumni donor information! :xmad:

Yea...The way it was explained to the class is they are worried about how the patients will perceive their oral-health care providers (the students) walking around with holsters on...It's a completely ignorant thought process, but they are worried about patients freaking out about it...and if you saw some of the patients that go there for care you would see many of them aren't the most "stable" individuals...
    Trust me I will not forget this when they are asking for donations. Just as I will not forget how Purdue allowed Bill Ayers to speak on campus...they will also not be receiving any alumni money from me.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I'm about to go into class.. I just don't think I want the attention. maybe ill wear my IWB holster.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    3 days in and not one question. I did get a few funny looks from people who realized it was a holster, but not one comment. I even helped my math prof with a lecture this afternoon - standing in front of the class writing out problems on the board for 15 minutes and not one comment. Maybe my fobus holster looks nothing like a holster except to those who own one?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

By what rule may they discipline you?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If I were in his position it would only matter that I knew the political climate makes it unwise.

Understood, and I'm not judging his decision. Simply asking if the administrator explained by what rule he had to power to discipline a student for wearing an empty holster.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Understood, and I'm not judging his decision. Simply asking if the administrator explained by what rule he had to power to discipline a student for wearing an empty holster.
    I assume they would make a case that it would be "unprofessional" of me to "protest" in such a way that would disrupt the class or patients...then I would have to be brought in front of a "Student's Professionalism committee" to determine if any action would be taken. I don't suspect anything would actually happen, as they can't limit my 1st amendment rights, however I don't want to deal with such an ordeal. If I was still in undergrad I would participate in a heartbeat. My gut tells me they would not be able to see the difference between an empty holster protest, and having someone walk around the school with a poster on a stick and a loud speaker yelling inflammatory statements...It is about the perception of the school in the eyes of it's patients, and they need to uphold its professionalism...that is what they would say, ofcourse I don't find it unprofessional at all to have a holster on. For now Ill just stick to putting NRA stickers on my lockers.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hey folks, I'm glad to see people are participating, even if they aren't getting a lot of questions asked of them. The way it worked out, I'm actually on Spring Break this week (Imagine that, I get spring break *after* spring starts! Crazy, huh?), so I'm not able to carry on campus myself, but it warms my heart knowing that others around the State are!

Carry on, folks!

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow so a whole week went by and NOT one question or comment as to why I had an empty sidearm holster on my belt. I'm surprised and shocked actually.

As a funny aside - in my English composition class we have to write an argumentative paper. We all took turns standing up and giving a short speech on the thesis of our papers. My thesis went something like this:

"I feel that college campuses would be safer places if responsible, licensed gun owners would be allowed to carry their handguns on them while on college campuses."

My professor sharted a brick because, oh my word, guns are so dangerous. All this time I had a holster on my hip and she didn't even notice. I'm going to have so much fun with this paper. I'm thinking I'll end up with a "C" or maybe a "B" at the most because she is so ridiculous like that, but what the hell...

Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Yeah I didn't get many questions asked either, however one person who did start a conversation on the other side of the fence ended up on our side after explaining that we don't want to give EVERYONE guns, just let those who have gone through the legal hoops to carry do so on campus. But I still think that its funny how many people didn't notice me open carrying a holster.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Diggin up an old thead with your first post???

Well, to be fair, I found INGO via a Google search and I replied to a thread as my first post that turned out to be outdated I believe.

INGO pops up as # 2 on Google results if you google the topic of College Carry empty holster and this thread is listed below the google thread as a "Related Post".

INGOEmptyHolsterGoogle.jpg

Top Bottom