• ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    nranews
    Texas: Tarrant County College violated students' rights, federal judge rules - NRA-ILA :: Texas: Tarrant County College violated students' rights, federal judge rules

College carry is on the moral side of society.

FTA

A federal judge has ruled that Tarrant County College violated the First Amendment rights of two students when it prohibited their attempts to stage empty-holster protests last fall.

It's unbelievable that they'd even try to ban somebody from wearing a simple piece of leather or plastic on a hip. I mean, what were they thinking?!

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I'm in. Thanks so much for posting this here. I expect to have the police called---a few months prior at Ivy Tech the police were called when a student a few rooms down had an empty holster. We'll see what happens.

If you were at the Lawrence campus, that was me. They are a bunch of idiots. And I told them I will do it again and again. I'm all for it. If some crazed student comes in to blow the place apart who's gonna stop them? The unarmed security? The cops who are miles and minutes away? Absolutely not. But I will.

1911 in the laptop bag at all times. I told them before when they asked to search me "no". They asked to search my vehicle. Nope. the best part was when the actual IMPD officer asked if I had a gun permit hehehe. I told him I have a license, to which he asked if he could see it. I told him absolutely not, you have no reason to conduct any search of my person. I thanked them for ruining my reputation with the other students in my class, and for making me feel that my education is being jeopardized. I served in Iraq for that college money, and I'll be damned if I spend another dime of it at Ivy Tech Communist College!!

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Why would the police even respond to such a call? I could call the police and tell them that I saw a guy walking down the street, but unless that I alleged that he was breaking some law I don't think they would come out, would they?

Yes, they most likely would respond. It's a liability issue. If they don't, and something happens, there will be a line of bottom-feeding lawyers waiting to file suit...guaranteed.

Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    You guys will definitely have to keep us posted on what all happens. Is the protest around the same time every year? I don't start college until this Fall, but I'm definitely gonna hop in on the next one.

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    College Campus Empty Holster Protest--Apr 5-9

Fellow Members of INGO,

Just wanted to throw a quick heads up for the members here that currently attend college or frequent college campuses. Next week, April 5-9, Students for Concealed Carry on Campus will be hosting their annual empty holster protest on campus. Participation is simple: wear an empty holster and go about your day as usual, and hopefully we can generate some conversation with the less-gun friendly crowd to highlight the issue. I would encourage everyone who attends college and wishes to be able to carry to participate as this event gets significant media attention every year. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread, email JordanStover@gmail.com, or call 317-989-8126.

Regards,

Jordan Stover
    Indiana State Director, Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is this just for students? I was thinking of checking out the inaugural NRA Collegiate Rifle Championships (4/8-4/11?) that are going during that time at Purdue.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is this just for students? I was thinking of checking out the inaugural NRA Collegiate Rifle Championships (4/8-4/11?) that are going during that time at Purdue.

Unless you are a student, faculty, or staff member, you don't need to worry about doing the "empty holster" thing, GarandMD. They have nothing to hold over your head, although they can declare you unwelcome on campus.

If I was doing this... I'd OC an empty holster and CC my usual pistol.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    what an unevenrtful i was really hoping campus police woulsd hAve tackled me or something if no one notices an empty holster theyll never see a conceAled weapon

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    what an unevenrtful i was really hoping campus police woulsd hAve tackled me or something if no one notices an empty holster theyll never see a conceAled weapon
    Could be they thought it was a cell phone case. Try a rig like this

DSCN4157.JPG

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yes, they most likely would respond. It's a liability issue. If they don't, and something happens, there will be a line of bottom-feeding lawyers waiting to file suit...guaranteed.

That's for sure! I can't wait to take the bar. :D Don't worry, I plan to practice in a way that brings pride to INGO! :ingo::patriot:

Top Bottom