rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He said they're NOT disrespecting......

That's the problem.
    The vehicle they chose to move their message comes across that way. Whether the mean it or not.

I think for some of them, they're just inconsiderate and ignorant of the unintended consequences of their actions. That's what frequently happens when followers follow.

I also some don't really give a damn whether they're being disrespectful to the military, the flag, the country, all of us, whatever. That's how a**holes behave.

Then there are some who are intentionally trying to stick a thumb in the eye of everyone they think is responsible for their perceived damages. Those are the biggest problem.

That's funny. I hope the bar has a statement that they're not disrepecting Kaepernick in any way, they're just protesting the disrespect of the military.

Did anyone find out why he kneeled ?

Because he' a dick?

That's excellent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think for some of them, they're just inconsiderate and ignorant of the unintended consequences of their actions. That's what frequently happens when followers follow.

I also some don't really give a damn whether they're being disrespectful to the military, the flag, the country, all of us, whatever. That's how a**holes behave.

Then there are some who are intentionally trying to stick a thumb in the eye of everyone they think is responsible for their perceived damages. Those are the biggest problem

I am really confused as to all these "Problem" they are protesting. Stop doing dumb **** and you stand a lot better chance of surviving. The rest I am just confused about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, should have picketed outside.

345y6c5.jpg

Come on Kut.....different times. Things were very bad for a lot of folks of color. I was alive then. I remember. I was in the 1st bused in school. They got the changes that needed to happen. The world is a far different place now. People can succeed if they wish to. Sometimes easier than others.
    These self important actors/athletes are trying to change what exactly.......I would like to see a list of complaints outside of people being shot. We have discussed that at length. Beyond that what.....?????

I am truly curious.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Come on Kut.....different times. Things were very bad for a lot of folks of color. I was alive then. I remember. I was in the 1st bused in school. They got the changes that needed to happen. The world is a far different place now. People can succeed if they wish to. Sometimes easier than others.
    These self important actors/athletes are trying to change what exactly.......I would like to see a list of complaints outside of people being shot. We have discussed that at length. Beyond that what.....?????

I am truly curious.

Do you want an answer, or something that everyone can ridicule?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you want an answer, or something that everyone can ridicule?

I truly want an answer. I need clarification. I have conversations with so many people of color and I get no clear answers to what all this is really about. I get a lot of silly crap but nothing tangible. There is work. There are programs. There is education. There is medical. WTF. More than I have access to at times.

I do not want to start a dog pile and will not allow that to happen. I have skin in this game. 3 beautiful Mixed G-children that are the very best of all of us. I do not want them growing up in all this insanity. If there are serious problems beyond the idiocy I see and hear lets address them. Clarification of the list. Wait, I have seen no list just a lot of spin and agenda driven hype.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm just curious, how many of us here in INGO have had a cop point a firearm at them and survived the interaction? I have, 3 times. Each time I damn well did what I was told, answered their questions and ultimately was apologized to for my being delayed and went on about my business. Yes I'm Caucasian Irish Illinoisan, Floridian, Georgian, Oklahoman, Indiana(N), Kentuckian, et al-ian American.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    if something doesn't change it could get a lot more uglier than it already has........very very sad.....

The responses from the usual suspects (spike is one of them) are predictable. Always a reference to a bygone time of slavery. Played that card until it is worn and tattered. Same with the race card. I got this just a few days ago from a man of color that I had respect for. When asked the very question I put to Kut it turned into one of those conversations. I am a racist. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Nothing.
    When he said I was using my white privilege I was dumb founded. I was also angered to a depth I have not experienced in a long while. This is what twists my guts up. The labels and name calling with no clear agenda to improve anything real. Just more of the same. To what end. I really want to know.

I have busted my ass my whole life. Taken nothing that was not earned. Given as much as I can. Is that white privilege. Again, curious.

As to calling Kut out in the open, that was not my intent. I mean no disrespect. If he wishs to give me an answer VIA PM instead of in the open I would like that over the possible dog pile that might ensue. Again, not wanting to put him on the spot but the B&W pic he posted set my hair on fire. Yes, terrible times. But things have changed. I have watched them change. From what that pic presents to what we have now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm just curious, how many of us here in INGO have had a cop point a firearm at them and survived the interaction? I have, 3 times. Each time I damn well did what I was told, answered their questions and ultimately was apologized to for my being delayed and went on about my business. Yes I'm Caucasian Irish Illinoisan, Floridian, Georgian, Oklahoman, Indiana(N), Kentuckian, et al-ian American.

Me too. More than once. I complied without question. The other idiots involved did not and they were treated as needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom