• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Man killed in Charlotte (Latino), had his arms raised above his head, one hand holding gun. Thoughts? Good/bad shoot? Too early/Not early enough? Video synced with audio.
    Charlotte police shoot kill man with hands raised | Charlotte Observer

Is he "Latino" or does he just identify as "Latino"?????

She asked him at least five times to not come out with the gun in his hand....At first I thought "suicide by cop" maybe???? Too soon to know...What was the call about???

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    HE called 911 to say he had "a gun with no bullets in it" and to come "get him"????

This doesn't make any sense at all....The officer spoke to him in Spanish when he told him to "show his hands" but then switched to English when he commanded him to "DROP THE GUN" in English before he pulled the trigger...This is just bad all around but I think the officer's will be cleared due to the number of times Dispatch implored him to NOT come out with his gun in his hand.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    HE called 911 to say he had "a gun with no bullets in it" and to come "get him"????

This doesn't make any sense at all....The officer spoke to him in Spanish when he told him to "show his hands" but then switched to English when he commanded him to "DROP THE GUN" in English before he pulled the trigger...This is just bad all around but I think the officer's will be cleared due to the number of times Dispatch implored him to NOT come out with his gun in his hand.....

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. My personal opinion, from what I can see in the vid, is that the officers were too quick to shoot the guy. I say that, because it did not appear that he was an imminent threat to anyone. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've dealt with a number of people with guns, and never killed any of them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is he "Latino" or does he just identify as "Latino"?????

She asked him at least five times to not come out with the gun in his hand....At first I thought "suicide by cop" maybe???? Too soon to know...What was the call about???
    I'd like to know too. Two officers walking up with rifles ready, and the guy refuses to put down the gun. Bad juju

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense. My personal opinion, from what I can see in the vid, is that the officers were too quick to shoot the guy. I say that, because it did not appear that he was an imminent threat to anyone. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've dealt with a number of people with guns, and never killed any of them.
    I would normally agree, but it seems like there were other people in the apartment. You see the second cam that there is a woman screaming almost immediately after the shooting and they were trying to get her back inside. Was there some domestic dispute? Too little information for me to make any reasonable guess at this point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would normally agree, but it seems like there were other people in the apartment. You see the second cam that there is a woman screaming almost immediately after the shooting and they were trying to get her back inside. Was there some domestic dispute? Too little information for me to make any reasonable guess at this point.

Yeah, but we have to go with the information the officers had at the time. For instance, what if he called the police because he felt threatened by another person? Then that shoot would look REALLY bad. I'm unsure they (the officers) knew exactly what was going on. Looking around, it seems that the guy called the police because he wanted a ride to court.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    No idea. I just randomly placed it in this thread.

Kut (plays intellectually dishonest well, too)

No, I'm actually asking you why (if you do), think his being Latino is relevant. It's not "intellectually dishonest" to ask people to explain their position. That's how reasonable people have discussions. I noticed you were accused of "implying" things in another thread. Posts like this could be the reason.

If being Latino is relevant to you, then I'm asking you why. Do you have an actual answer?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Man killed in Charlotte (Latino), had his arms raised above his head, one hand holding gun. Thoughts? Good/bad shoot? Too early/Not early enough? Video synced with audio.
    Charlotte police shoot kill man with hands raised | Charlotte Observer

How is the suspect being Latino relevant to the discussion?

No idea. I just randomly placed it in this thread.

Kut (plays intellectually dishonest well, too)

What, in posting the story here? Yeah. I can see that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I'm actually asking you why (if you do), think his being Latino is relevant. It's not "intellectually dishonest" to ask people to explain their position. That's how reasonable people have discussions. I noticed you were accused of "implying" things in another thread. Posts like this could be the reason.

If being Latino is relevant to you, then I'm asking you why. Do you have an actual answer?

There's no way I'm giving you this softball considering the subject of this thread. It so painfully obvious the implication, that it need not be explicitly stated.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    There's no way I'm giving you this softball considering the subject of this thread. It so painfully obvious the implication, that it need not be explicitly stated.

It's not obvious to me. Sounds like you aren't willing to have a reasonable discussion and want others to assume ("imply") what you mean.

I'm asking you straight up why you think being Latino has any relevance to the issue. Do you have an actual answer that you're willing to discuss?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not obvious to me. Sounds like you aren't willing to have a reasonable discussion and want others to assume ("imply") what you mean.

I'm asking you straight up why you think being Latino has any relevance to the issue. Do you have an actual answer that you're willing to discuss?

Im betting your best assumption is probably right. So go with that. Are you seriously telling me you haven't a clue why I posted that link, specifying the deceased as being "latino" in this particular thread? If you can't connect the dots, then discussion is pretty much pointless.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Im betting your best assumption is probably right. So go with that. Are you seriously telling me you haven't a clue why I posted that link, specifying the deceased as being "latino" in this particular thread? If you can't connect the dots, then discussion is pretty much pointless.

I'm not asking why Colin Kaepernick thinks it's relevant. He already stated his opinion in a straight up honest way (that I disagree with).

I'm asking why YOU think it's relevant TO YOU. You can try to turn it back on me to make "assumptions" or "connect the dots" but that's disingenuous. It seems odd that you're not willing to be a straight up guy and state your honest opinion. Maybe Eric Holder was right when he said we're "A nation of cowards" when it comes to discussing race. At least Kaepernick had the courage to give his honest opinion. Do you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom