• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A matter of fact guy and a matter of fact coach in all things pistol. I am glad I have some video of one on one classes I took from him and was able to have other family members also take their first lessons from him. I will miss him and pray for his soul and his family.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Man. Didn't know he was battling cancer. I went to a few of the carry matches he hosted. Each one was excellent and he was always ready to help participants. It was in one of those competitions where I learned the importance of practicing weak-hand only shooting.

Always wanted to get some 1-on-1 training with him, sad I didn't get to. RIP Coach.

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Coach will be missed dearly by many. I only had the opportunity to shoot with him a couple of times and can honestly say he was a really good dude. RIP and God Speed Coach

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Wow, didn't know either! I had a training class or two with him. He did such a good job with the class my wife and some of her friends took a class as a night out type thing. They loved and thought he was great!

Prayers to his family.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Man. What a gut punch. He was a great man that I respected VERY much. Ive trained beside him as well as under him. And when anyone would ask for an instructor, he was at the top of my list.

And like Clint Smith, he wasnt afraid to tell it like it is.

Damn.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    We are diminished. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Took all his pistol classes, some more than once, just because he could teach! He even got me to a couple of matches before I moved. He ignited the fire in me again after I had almost given up the idea of being able to shoot well again.

His posts were always worth reading no matter the subject.

This truly is a sad passing.

Bob

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Took one of his classes several years ago, and saw his posts on INGO. I knew he mentioned it in this post: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/bft-bright-firearms-training.483505/ But didn't realize the magnitude of it.

I always liked seeing his truck parked out at Avon High School with his company info on the side and knowing at least somebody was getting an interesting education.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Man I hate to hear this. I knew he was battling cancer a while back, did not know for sure the severity but feared it wasn’t good. I met him years ago when I took his 2 day USPSA class at our club. Later I took others as well as some private lessons. Shot with him at numerous matches thru the years. He will be greatly missed by many.

RIP Coach

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'm sure Aron would appreciate prayers from all for his wife and two children. I still can't believe it's real.. I knew what was going on and planned to see him on Friday. I assisted him with classes and learned so much from him. He was a great friend and mentor.. Rest in peace my cherished friend. This world is most certainly diminshed without you.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stunned doesn’t begin to scratch the surface. Prayers to Coach’s family. Aron Was an outstanding trainer, he will be missed by all who knew him.

Top Bottom