• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    This is shocking. While I didn’t know him personally he couldn’t go unnoticed at matches. I had the opportunity to squad with him several times and it was always a great experience. This is a great loss to the shooting community, condolences to his family.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    So unfortunate. Prayers to his family. I trained with him multiple times back when he first started up BFT. One of the hands-down nicest guys I've ever met. A true Gentle Giant. He'll be sorely missed for sure.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    2012. I got a group of newbie gun owners together including my wife and sister, and convinced them to take some training if they were going to have guns in the home. 8 shooters in total. Aaron made the trip all the way up to Warsaw for the class. Every single person expressed how big of an impact he made on them that day. He was one heck of an instructor.

Pictured is my sister at the line with Coach watching on.

4zGY8o2.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I took a class with Coach, obijohn, and the Rhino a few years ago, only time I met Coach. He struck me as very strict on the range, and I appreciated that.... it is the hard-a** teachers that you remember most and realize did the most for you.

A Bright light has gone out. May his memory be a lasting blessing. RIP Coach

Bill

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    RIP Coach. Glad I got to take your Defensive Pistol I & II and shoot many USPSA matches with you before you got called up. My heart goes out to your wife & children.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I took a class with Coach, obijohn, and the Rhino a few years ago, only time I met Coach. He struck me as very strict on the range, and I appreciated that.... it is the hard-a** teachers that you remember most and realize did the most for you.

A Bright light has gone out. May his memory be a lasting blessing. RIP Coach

Bill
    Amen

scottyd2506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I just found out from a friend. I never knew he was sick, didn't attend last USPSA season.
    Very Sad. Shot is his USPSA group many times.
    He was not only found of the 2nd amendment, but the constitution as a whole. And would voice his political beliefs to help keep us free. What a Great guy he was. Hearts out to his family.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    From IHSWCA

Indiana wrestling lost a good one this week. Aron Bright impacted our wrestling community in many ways, through many avenues, and influenced many lives.

1988 Graduate of Centerville HS - Played FB and Wrestled
    1992 Graduate of Manchester University - Team Captain, 4 year letter winner, and National Qualifier
    1992 - 1995: Centerville Jr/Sr HS - Social Studies Teacher and Asst. Coach for Wrestling/Football
    1995 - Present: Social Studies Teacher at Avon HS.
    1995 - 2002: Head Wrestling Coach at Avon HS. 97-43.
    IHSAA Wrestling Official

Before his passing, Aron was actively involved in Cascade's MS Wrestling program and helping his son, Royce develop.

Aron is survived by his wife, Marcia, daughter, Alyssa, son, Royce and countless students, wrestlers, and teammates.

Top Bottom