• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It's started and the Media will work this into a Frenzy. The Right is Paranoid, Left Proclaims Restrictions are Necessary, End of AWB Bad, we need Stringent Gun Laws, etc, etc, etc,

nr.gun.control.cnn.124x70.jpg

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Is it just me, or do none of the men featured here seem to care about the subject? I mean they are saying well we have a problem with gun violence and we need to do "something" about it but nobody has any ideas as to what that "something" is aside from taking guns away.

I hate that he says "oh well Europe doesn't have as much gun violence, they banned guns, it worked for them" (paraphrasing) yeah to an extent, now the murders are being committed with knives, and guess what, they are talking about banning knives. SO when does it end?

The other man makes a good point, put cops on the street corners with AR-15's, and UZI's, I can guarantee you will see crime rates fall. However we can't just do that, it costs too much money to train and station officers on street corners 24/7.

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    That was quite possibly the most one sided discussion I've ever seen...
    And what's with this looking to Europe thing? Seriously... Have they ever looked at the crime rate in half of those countries? I doubt it...

Octomonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Markle
    Wait a second.... Jim Greer is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, yet he feels we need "very extensive gun laws."

Seems a bit contradictory, don't you think?

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    The other man makes a good point, put cops on the street corners with AR-15's, and UZI's, I can guarantee you will see crime rates fall. However we can't just do that, it costs too much money to train and station officers on street corners 24/7.

Wow. I hope I'm not reading this correctly that you are arguing for a 'police state'.

It seems there are a lot more negatives to this than the costs of training & recruitment. But that's just me...

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Wow. I hope I'm not reading this correctly that you are arguing for a 'police state'.

It seems there are a lot more negatives to this than the costs of training & recruitment. But that's just me...

finity, you defend all these leftist morons, or at least find ways to deflect criticism of them. YOU'RE FACILITATING A POLICE STATE MORE THAN ANYONE.

Last edited:

Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    Is it just me, or do none of the men featured here seem to care about the subject? I mean they are saying well we have a problem with gun violence and we need to do "something" about it but nobody has any ideas as to what that "something" is aside from taking guns away.

I hate that he says "oh well Europe doesn't have as much gun violence, they banned guns, it worked for them" (paraphrasing) yeah to an extent, now the murders are being committed with knives, and guess what, they are talking about banning knives. SO when does it end?

PHP:
    The other man makes a good point, put cops on the street corners with AR-15's, and UZI's, I can guarantee you will see crime rates fall.  However we can't just do that, it costs too much money to train and station officers on street corners 24/7

Plus this isnt a communist country, where you see amred police or military at every turn.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    How about the lady who was killed with the sword today. let's ban swords or the baseball player killed in the car accident let's ban cars. These people just don't get it and never will. Sad part is they will probably get their way.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    finity, you defend all these leftist morons, or at least find ways to deflect criticism of them. YOU'RE FACILITATING A POLICE STATE MORE THAN ANYONE.

Your opinion. Not actually borne out by the facts. You shouldn't let facts get in the way of your emotions.

I see, extreme conservatives (called right wing whackos by many) would never condone taking any Constitutional freedoms. Not all right wingers are whackos & not all left wingers are morons.

I don't deflect criticism if its warranted. The hand wringing & fear mongering that goes on here sometimes (most times?) is crazy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Your opinion. Not actually borne out by the facts. You shouldn't let facts get in the way of your emotions.

I see, extreme conservatives (called right wing whackos by many) would never condone taking any Constitutional freedoms. Not all right wingers are whackos & not all left wingers are morons.

I don't deflect criticism if its warranted. The hand wringing & fear mongering that goes on here sometimes (most times?) is crazy.

More garbage from our resident far left, gun ban supporting whack job.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    finity, the only fear mongering being done right now is by those with a radical agenda to remove our 2nd amendment rights. It is they, who are constantly besieging us with all the "gun crime" headlines in a fallacious attempt to sway public opinion into siding with "them." Hitler did much the same thing before he and his "party" enacted gun bans and collections. We all know where that led to.....

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I read an article in USA Today that tried but failed to link the current gun rampages to the economy. They also showed a graph since 76 of gun shootings involving 4 or more people and over the years, it averages to 18 per year. We are up to something like 57 this year, a banner year for gun violence in single shootings, but it will not change the average much.

The thing that caught my attention was that the immediate reaction and quotes were from Helmke and Mayors about implementing the AWB and other bans and standing up to the NRA (as if it is some monolithic organization and not composed of Americans). Even though they could not positively connect it to the economy, by golly, they knew the fix.

I also read a short blurb by Ann Coulter that instead of banning guns, maybe men should be banned, which in my opinion, is about as sane of an argument and probably why she put it forward.

I happen to agree with Finity this time and think some of you have gone over the top on your replies to his posts here. I am about to confront one of my very very liberal friends this Friday about the way he instantly demonizes the opposition, which is just about any conservative or Republican. To me, just calling names is a way to dismiss the opposition without having to give any real thought to the issue. To me this is just intellectual laziness. Both sides are guilty of this.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Which of our unalienable rights would you condone taking away?

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Actually I think our gun laws are just about right. I know I will get heat for saying that and there are a few I wold change, but all in all I think if the country would enforce the gun laws in effect now we would solve most of the gun problems.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Actually I think our gun laws are just about right. I know I will get heat for saying that and there are a few I wold change, but all in all I think if the country would enforce the gun laws in effect now we would solve most of the gun problems.

couldnt agree more, enforcement is the biggest issue, especially felons with firearms simply getting slaps on the wrists.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I think we had far less problems before the 1930's when restrictions started.

There was a big problem before the 1930's, but it wasn't guns. It was Prohibition. The big use of machine guns in crimes was for gangs to shoot up rival gangs speakeasies and so forth. Yes, they were used to kill too, I won't say otherwise, but the ability to do a lot of property damage quickly was what made them attractive to the bootleggers and rum runners and the organized crime that controlled them. Even famous outlaws like "Machine Gun" Kelly got started in bootlegging.

Of course, by the time NFA '34 was passed, Prohibition was over although much of the damage had already been done.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    More garbage from our resident far left, gun ban supporting whack job.

Ok "Joe".

Point to any where on any thread in any forum I've ever posted in that I have ever given any impression that I support any type of gun ban or even gun control (I am on TFL & Warriortalk also - all my user names are the same - even though I don't go there nearly as much as here). You can't.

I am also far from "far left".

You are dishonest.

It's a typical tactic used by people who can't argue the facts.

finity, the only fear mongering being done right now is by those with a radical agenda to remove our 2nd amendment rights. It is they, who are constantly besieging us with all the "gun crime" headlines in a fallacious attempt to sway public opinion into siding with "them." Hitler did much the same thing before he and his "party" enacted gun bans and collections. We all know where that led to.....

Wow, you really are in denial too.

You need to open your mind a little to the tone & wording of the majority of the posts in the 'politics' forum. You honestly can't see the constant 'the sky is falling' hand-wringing going on?

I'm not saying that some of that, to an extent, is not justified (ever vigilant & all...). A lot of it just goes way over the top into the tin-foil hat area (3 layers - for your protection ;)).

And people here call me unstable...geesh. If you guys are calling me that then I think I need to take it as a compliment. Thanks! :yesway: :):

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    More deceitful, dishonest, hypocritical leftist apologetics from finity. 6 months ago you were screaming that the sky WAS falling because of George Bush, now the tone here is too harsh for you. Yet, not a word of criticism can be worked up from you of an administration that is filled to the brim with dedicated gun-banners. You are so immersed in your leftist nuttery that you can't see it. Everyone to the right of Barney Frank is an extremist or "unstable." It's clear you defend and stand with the anti-gunners, finity. You're the dishonest agent here.

Top Bottom