• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The thing is, the society that the elites want cannot exist with that much population depleted. They would have to do some actual work to keep even half their perks and entitlements. But such is the unthinking reasoning of the left. You can smoke crack everyday and have a more realistic world view than these people.

Very true. The 'drug' that leaves them inebriated does not have to be purchased and works from the inside out. It also blinds them to the most simple of truths.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Wow, the civilized world is in a heap of trouble. The statistics that you linked to are a lot more damning than you think. Click on the link and look at the bottom of the list, The US, Europe, and any other civilized country will be gone in a generation or two.

Russia, Japan and most of Europe are all irretrievably collapsing in population. China and the U.S. are nearly in the same boat. Just India and the Muslim East are at sustaining levels. The Dark Age is coming.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Russia, Japan and most of Europe are all irretrievably collapsing in population. China and the U.S. are nearly in the same boat. Just India and the Muslim East are at sustaining levels. The Dark Age is coming.

what do you mean by the dark age?

You people are acting like life isn't even worth living anymore because we're all screwed.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    You all offer no solutions, believe what some cracked out media head Ted Turner says, Who is Bipolar and has a long history of heavy drug use. The video doesn't even show him saying it. And if he did it sure sounds like sarcasm. It seems like everyone here has lost hope for our future. I'm 19 and have my whole life ahead of me but everyone here seems to think that the world of the future is not somewhere you will want to be.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You all offer no solutions, believe what some cracked out media head Ted Turner says, Who is Bipolar and has a long history of heavy drug use. The video doesn't even show him saying it. And if he did it sure sounds like sarcasm. It seems like everyone here has lost hope for our future. I'm 19 and have my whole life ahead of me but everyone here seems to think that the world of the future is not somewhere you will want to be.

The plausibility factor comes from the fact that the 500M world population is standard boilerplate for the radical environmentalist left, which Turner consistently supports. I would hate to the wet blanket on your parade, but the signs definitely are not encouraging, but my advice to you would be that you do not fret, don't be afraid of the dark but rather prepared for it. Do this in the same way that I have a fire extinguisher but don't perpetually fret over the house catching fire, but am still vigilant to make sure the stove is turned off.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    People have been talking about how we're over-populating the planet for a lot longer than Turner's been crazy.

In fact, there are plenty of people on this board who think that poor people should be sterilized.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    People have been talking about how we're over-populating the planet for a lot longer than Turner's been crazy.

In fact, there are plenty of people on this board who think that poor people should be sterilized.

The Malthusian theory definitely predates Turner, but Malthus raised it as a concern rather than a call to depopulate the world of the majority of its inhabitants, with the remainder being selected from among those who pass the political correctness test. Today's crew puts teeth in the theory in a way unseen in previous history.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

I don't think they should be sterilized.
    BUT...
    If they have a child after going on Welfare, all welfare payments should be cut off.
    Let the kids Mommy and Daddy pay for his/her upbringing.
    Not the rest of the Country!!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    BUT...
    If they have a child after going on Welfare, all welfare payments should be cut off.

Agreed. The notion that it takes a village's collective checkbook to raise a child needs to be eradicated.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BUT...

So merit to limiting stupid women. Why allow them to have six brats who then will become problems? The problem is that it is so easy to see this become abused. Better to use peer pressure to influence people to limiting the size of their families unless they have the wealth and education to raise a large family.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ted Turner wants a one child policy? He has 5 kids by three different women. Wonder which 4 he would be willing to eliminate?

As for the one child policy, it doesn't really make much sense when the US is already just barely at the replacement rate (replacement rate = 2.1 children/woman, US = 2.05 children/woman) and our growth comes entirely from immigration.

Yes we are barely holding on. Most of Europe is at 1.7 births per woman. But the PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain) are at 1.3. Japan is also at 1.3 births per woman. At 1.3 your country will cease to exist, your culture is dead. In 10 years these countries will not be in existence. If anything, the PIGS will become Islamic and Japan (who has a huge illegal immigration problem from China) will become a Chinese colony.

We may well the end of western culture. Europe could go away. We might even see the great arts works destroyed and the leaders of the Catholic church executed.

the US will survive but at a cost.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, in 10 years there will be no Portugal, Italy, Spain or Greece? Care to put money on that? Declining population does not equate to extinction these days. Labour can be imported if needed.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, in 10 years there will be no Portugal, Italy, Spain or Greece? Care to put money on that? Declining population does not equate to extinction these days. Labour can be imported if needed.

But the things that make them unique will be gone. They will not longer have a western culture. Rather it is more likely that they will become Islamic. Imported labor is nothing more than allowing others to colonize you. At some point there are so many foreign workers that your culture disappears.

The long term goal of many Muslims was to conquer Europe. Spain, Greece and the Balkins are still seen as Islamic territories that were taken by Christians. In 10th century Islamic armies were within 100 miles of Paris (one reason to have the Crusades was to pressure the Muslims to defend their own lands rather thus stopping the conquest). The last Islamic crusade was stopped on Sept 11th, 1499 at the gates of Vienna.

I have no problem with many American Muslims. I do have issues with the Islamists who believe that this is the End of Days when they will rule the world. We just finished kicking the crap out of the communists. I would like a little peace.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rich people dont want to exterminate a bunch of the other classes, they need those people to buy their products, watch their shows, drive their cars, etc.

We DO have an over population problem and at some point something is going to have to be done. It is only getting worse as the life expectancy continues to grow. We are going to run out of natural resources, financial resources, and its coming along fairly quickly.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    So merit to limiting stupid women. Why allow them to have six brats who then will become problems? The problem is that it is so easy to see this become abused. Better to use peer pressure to influence people to limiting the size of their families unless they have the wealth and education to raise a large family.
    Very noble...:)
    But it will never happen as long as the current "peer pressure" is to have as many children as possible in order to maximize the monthly Welfare check that is paid out by the Working Class in America. :noway:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Rich people dont want to exterminate a bunch of the other classes, they need those people to buy their products, watch their shows, drive their cars, etc.

We DO have an over population problem and at some point something is going to have to be done. It is only getting worse as the life expectancy continues to grow. We are going to run out of natural resources, financial resources, and its coming along fairly quickly.

There is plenty of space and plenty of resources on this planet, just because we as a people limit the use of these resources does not mean they are not available.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very noble...:)
    But it will never happen as long as the current "peer pressure" is to have as many children as possible in order to maximize the monthly Welfare check that is paid out by the Working Class in America. :noway:

Correct. Trooper needs to spend a bit of time in and around these welfare class folks. They are born into the system, the live off the system and are not shown, taught nor have any desire to get off the system. To do so would mean they have to come off the porch and get a "JOB" and that is not part of the culture.
    This is real life and not some sound bite.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012

Thank you for this comment.
    This is something that has been bothering me lately on this and every other forum I visit. There are no solutions reached. All that happens is people start putting up pictures of Willy Wonka saying smartass things because, apparently, it strengthens their side of the argument that wasnt even the issue the OP was trying to address. I try to post about asking where I can find more people who share specific viewpoints, and I get all kinds of crap so some of these people can appear smarter or feel better, I guess. This particular thread has actually been pretty tame. Although the internet certainly emboldens people who, face-to-face are usually ineffectual, all it seems to do is strengthen their fangs and not their brains or any of the connected sensory organs.

Churchmouse, mrjarrel, and IndyDave1776, keep on rockin! I like you guys' style.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Thank you for this comment.
    This is something that has been bothering me lately on this and every other forum I visit. There are no solutions reached. All that happens is people start putting up pictures of Willy Wonka saying smartass things because, apparently, it strengthens their side of the argument that wasnt even the issue the OP was trying to address. I try to post about asking where I can find more people who share specific viewpoints, and I get all kinds of crap so some of these people can appear smarter or feel better, I guess. This particular thread has actually been pretty tame. Although the internet certainly emboldens people who, face-to-face are usually ineffectual, all it seems to do is strengthen their fangs and not their brains or any of the connected sensory organs.

Churchmouse, mrjarrel, and IndyDave1776, keep on rockin! I like you guys' style.

good post! very thoughtful and i agree

i think the lack of solutions might be because the problems are either so over whelming that folks really dont know how to begin or the solution if you will is distasteful and ruthless that folks either do not want to be the ones to say it or know they will open themselves up to attack if they do

jake

Top Bottom