• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatdessertfirst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the input.
    Please ignore my ignorance relative to CMP. I know little about them but am catching up. A couple of guys have explained to me what they're all about and I'm looking at their web site. I ask the question b/c I would like a military M-! carbine as opposed to a commercially made carbine just because I want a piece of history. That said, I want to be able to shoot it and was afraid of worn parts, etc. Apparently, this shouldn't be an issue.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Definitely not an issue on any of the M1 carbines I have seen. I used to make regular trips to the CMP when the selection overall was better. I had one M1 Garand with a sloppy sear and the CMP gladly exchanged parts for me. Parts are readily available and actually pretty cheap for the common parts for either a Carbine or Garand. It is not a problem at all to get springs, or even new manufacture parts if you need them. I would never touch one of the new manufacture versions. They just aren't built to the same standards as the GI editions from what I have seen. And there is something to be said for the history and patina you will find in an original. Good luck finding a nice one, they are out there! Sometimes people sell them on the CMP forums.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Short answer yes, with evidence below. 1943 National Postal Meter M1 Carbine, this target was shot on the line with 8 other Sheriff Deputies qualifying with AR-15 rifles. It kept up with the black rifles and was just as reliable.
    picture.php

Top Bottom