Climate change legit after all! Who woulda thunk it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Wrong. The first sentence of the article is "Volcanoes can impact climate change."

We're talking CO2, here. Humans don't generate SO2 in appreciable amounts.

While sulfur dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has occasionally caused detectable global cooling of the lower atmosphere, the carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has never caused detectable global warming of the atmosphere. I

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Very misleading numbers here. They are actually taking into count people exhaling. They are estimating the toll of human development.
    With their supposed science there are many ways to skew the true impacting numbers.

Exactly right. Their numbers are crap. They also include CO2 "emissions" from deforestation (basically blaming things like the expansion of the Sahara on industrial activity). If I had the time, I could continue poking holes in the USGS numbers.

The Mt. Pinatubo stuff was first reported in National Geographic back in the 90s. Since that time, the emissions numbers for volcanoes and various human activities have been "revised" further and further. Other scientists disagree with the USGS: Legislative time bomb - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

And need I remind everyone that the USGS statements can't be considered unbiased in light of things like this:
    Congress: Obama admin fired top scientist to advance climate change plans | Fox News

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    While sulfur dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has occasionally caused detectable global cooling of the lower atmosphere, the carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has never caused detectable global warming of the atmosphere. I

Key word: detectable.

Again, humans are producing 700 times as much as the volcanoes. It's difficult to blame the volcanoes for any ill effects. If I were to drink four thermometers, I don't think Hoosierdoc would be able to detect the mercury poisoning from the salmon I have for dinner every few months. He'd find the mercury poisoning, and he'd blame the biggest source of mercury in my body rather than the one that barely contributes.

The point is made later in the paragraph you quoted.
    All studies to date of global volcanic carbon dioxide emissions indicate that present-day subaerial and submarine volcanoes release less than a percent of the carbon dioxide released currently by human activities.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Well, this has all been good and fun, but I can see now where many of the members of this community want to take the thread. And as I already said above:
    I don't want to be part of a fight, but I do enjoy the discussion.

Memes, political cartoons, and comedians FTW!

I will say, though, that many here should examine themselves in light of this conversation. The INGO community frequently complains that the political left doesn't actually use facts but rather feelings and ad hominem attacks as their M.O. This thread is quickly turning that direction, and I have no expectation that it can be salvaged.

Out of respect for the moderators and the INGO community, I'm going to bow out of this one. I'm sure that some will try to goad me into reentering, but I will not. So do not take my silence on the topic as an admission of defeat. Instead, it's just and admission that the conversation won't be productive.

I'll see everyone later in some firearm-related thread. :ingo:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Well, this has all been good and fun, but I can see now where many of the members of this community want to take the thread. And as I already said above:

I will say, though, that many here should examine themselves in light of this conversation. The INGO community frequently complains that the political left doesn't actually use facts but rather feelings and ad hominem attacks as their M.O. This thread is quickly turning that direction, and I have no expectation that it can be salvaged.

Out of respect for the moderators and the INGO community, I'm going to bow out of this one. I'm sure that some will try to goad me into reentering, but I will not. So do not take my silence on the topic as an admission of defeat. Instead, it's just and admission that the conversation won't be productive.

you can say what you want but Carlin is spot on.......when the earth is done with us it will be done with us......the climate has changed up and down when we wasn't even here.....

so everyone can get bent out of shape about and in the grand skim of things it's going to happen like it or not......:twocents:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Scientists can't predict the weather 3 days from now but I'm supposed to think the sky is falling over climate change?

Lol Let me sell all of my crap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Just skimmed the thread. I thought you were holding your own for a bit actually.

The science is skewed. The answers we seek will not be shared as long as someone is being funded from the system in place. That system is in place to milk us of our money.

Carbon credits....seriously. Until these things are put away it will be hard to see this in a clear light.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Key word: detectable.

Again, humans are producing 700 times as much as the volcanoes. It's difficult to blame the volcanoes for any ill effects. If I were to drink four thermometers, I don't think Hoosierdoc would be able to detect the mercury poisoning from the salmon I have for dinner every few months. He'd find the mercury poisoning, and he'd blame the biggest source of mercury in my body rather than the one that barely contributes.

The point is made later in the paragraph you quoted.

Well surely if they wanted to, they could detect it. They can detect what the future temperature of the planet is.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    7 billion people breath out 31 billion tons of CO2 a year. Fossil fuel and cement produce 10 billion tons of CO2 a year.Volcanos produce 200 million tons of CO 2 a year.3 trillion trees,( not counting grass,plants,Algea,etc...) consume 72 billion tons of CO2 tons per year..........That leaves a negitive of 30 billion tons of CO2 which plants need. Please check my math........But I think I am correct.........I hope I can still burn a tire on Earth Day to help the ecosystem.

Top Bottom