• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I didn't take it at Parabellum, but I did take one of Coach's classes back when he was doing them at MCF&G and it was very good.

As Jackson said, more info would be needed though.

whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    I'm looking for a class that is past the intro level. I don't have the time to make a run to Tenn. and do one of the Fighting Pistol courses or something similar. Looking for some instruction for defensive purposes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm looking for a class that is past the intro level. I don't have the time to make a run to Tenn. and do one of the Fighting Pistol courses or something similar. Looking for some instruction for defensive purposes.

Where did you do your intro level class?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I took an NRA Basic Pistol Class several years ago.

This looks like the one for you? November 11th:

Gun Handling 101
    This two hour class will teach fundamental shooting and gun handling skills. The purpose of the class is to provide further instruction to the new and novice shooter following NRA Basic Class, Intro to Firearms, or the Ladies Guided Shoot. The student will be instructed in the proper grip, trigger control, loading, unloading, magazine changes, table top pick-ups, and draw stroke from the holster, and introduced to shot calling.

The cost is $50 per shooter.

Required gear: Gun, holster, belt, twomagazines, ammo and a mag pouch.
    *100 rounds of center fire pistol ammofor your gun
    *Holster should allow one handedre-holstering.
    (holster should not collapse when the gun is drawn)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...6431-gun-handling-101-november-11-2015-a.html

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County

While I understand time issues, the trip to Tactical Response is well worth it. I've taken several of their classes and I make it a point to find time to go down there at least twice a year. I've never taken a course at Parabellum, but I promise you that you wont regret the trip to Camden. Also, you can stay in the team room for free, so that makes it a little cheaper.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This looks like the one for you? November 11th:

Gun Handling 101
    This two hour class will teach fundamental shooting and gun handling skills. The purpose of the class is to provide further instruction to the new and novice shooter following NRA Basic Class, Intro to Firearms, or the Ladies Guided Shoot. The student will be instructed in the proper grip, trigger control, loading, unloading, magazine changes, table top pick-ups, and draw stroke from the holster, and introduced to shot calling.

The cost is $50 per shooter.

Required gear: Gun, holster, belt, twomagazines, ammo and a mag pouch.
    *100 rounds of center fire pistol ammofor your gun
    *Holster should allow one handedre-holstering.
    (holster should not collapse when the gun is drawn)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...6431-gun-handling-101-november-11-2015-a.html

I may be biased, but I think this is a great recommendation based on what I see above. I am confident that this class will be meaningful.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I took the Essentials to Defensive Pistol taught by Coach at Parabellum several weeks ago. It was fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to take another class taught by Coach. Great guy, great teacher, and in a great environment.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There are dozens of options (if not more) that do not entail driving to Tennessee for defensive handgun training.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I've driven to TN (and other places) and I've participated in many local opportunities. Both are worthwhile and valuable in different ways. You can get a higher volume of training on the same topics and of the same caliber right here and probably on a smaller budget. That being said, you will experience some things at TR that you're unlikely to experience here. (You can also experience very valid views, approaches, and experiences here that you will not find at TR.)

There are so many topicsas and training philosophies that go in to these kind of classes and influence the focus and message. Its hard to recommend just one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You can always make a plan to go to Tennessee or Oregon or Arizona or California for big name training. For $50 or a hundred bucks though, I'd take the local classes first (maybe a couple of times.) You'd be a much better learning sponge to take full advantage of the high dollar tuition's and travel expenses. It'd also give you a much firmer grasp of what to expect and how to prepare.

Last edited:

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Coach is great and the Parabellum set up is good. Once you get started you will take more classes and that is good for you.

I have done three different classes with Coach at Parabellum and highly recommend them.

Top Bottom