• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    This may be old news for some but it was new to me. I've got a Citi account that I believe I may close. (Heck, I even still keep a Paypal Account.)

cdnnletterx735.png

Citi/First Data Anti-Gun Policies Stir Controversy, Calls for Boycott AccurateShooter.com Bulletin

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    First time I applied for a card, they just pissed me off and I have never had any dealings with them since. The are water delivery via tube and spigot bags. This just puts icing on the cake.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, they must be doing something right. This is obvious due to how successful they are as a business :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's old news, but always worth helping folks remember who to do business with, and who not to. I'd love to see them go under, but the government keeps using my money against my will to prop them up. Sorry incompetent SOBs can't run a business, they should be sweeping streets, not living high on the hog on the dime of a fast food worker.:soapbox:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I know JRCigars says that Mastercard also threatens to cut off non face to face tobacco sales transactions. What a politically correct world we live in.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i would stay with citi and pull out cash off the card and do it that way so there for there is no paper trail for them but they are still used as a primary funding. (kinda throwing it back in their face and also get a copy of the FFL03 forms and send it in and also let them know that as a tax payer you are funding citi bank and you can do what you damn well please with your money.) if all else goes wrong go with 5/3 bank they are gun friendly. well atleast they are to me but i got people on the inside there ;);)

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    From the NRA:

NRA

NRA-ILA Investigating Citigroup Issues

Friday, January 11, 2008

In late December, 2007, a large and well-known firearms dealer was informed by a company called First Data -- which operates as Citi Merchant Services under license from Citigroup, Inc. -- that it would no longer handle the dealer's credit card processing business. The company, CDNN Investments, is well known to gun owners and has been operating in Texas for decades.

In the letter from First Data, a company official informed CDNN that the account was terminated on the grounds that CDNN was selling firearms in violation of federal law -- which was, and is, completely untrue. In the letter, a company official, June Rivera-Mantilla, made a number of misstatements about the law and misrepresented CDNN's operations in general.

NRA-ILA is in the process of communicating with Citigroup and First Data to see if this problem can be corrected. We'll pass along more information about our efforts as soon as possible.

To voice your concern over this outrageous policy to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact First Data at (800) 735-3362.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    nice to know there is a larger political group taking this on rather than individuals. thankfully our voice is being heard and our concerns are being seen. where is Uncle Ted im sure he can straiten out citi bank really quick.

Top Bottom