• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    So me and CSK22 have been thinking about buying some kind of bundle or sampler pack like from cigars international. So we're looking for suggestions of brands and places to order from. The real kicker is that we're on a bit of a budget (side effect of being poor college students). So what would you all suggest? I know I like Gloria de Cubana, Macanudos, Partagas, CAO, Romeo y Julieta, etc.

What's the best bang for our buck? (quality and quantity)

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    J R Cigar company has specials sometimes too.

I found a Makers' Mark Cigar for $8 once. That was a great cigar. Rocky Patels are good also.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Cigars International has a Rockey Patel Connecticut sampler for $50, 20 cigars. That's basically a whole box for half price. Anything by Drew Estate is a good bet; especially the Tabak series even though you'll likely pay $30 for 5.

Cigars Online | Best Cigar Deals of the Day | Cigar Monster < this site has deals that change roughly every hour, and from 11-12 (during the day and at night) you can buy any deal from the previous 24 hours. They run through this site: Cigars - Humidors - Cigar Accessories | Famous Smoke Shop. I haven't had any problems with any of the sites I've mentioned and shipping has been within a week for the most part.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Go downtown, corner of Columbia and Fourth, and go into Stogies. It's caddy-corner from City Hall (police station). Try a few there and see what you like before you buy a bundle.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    An underestimated cigar, in my opinion, is Hoyo De Monterrey's Excalibur. Those tend to be pretty decent for the price. Also, Carlos Toraño Exodus 1959 is good.

But my favorites are Partagas, Padron, and La Aurora.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Acid cigars are so-so. I've got a humidor with some of the CI Partagas Knock-offs, Blue Label B2, and some Petrus Reposados and maybe a few of the Perdomo "Mistakes" CI has, I know I had a bundle in the humidor for awhile. I usually just fill it with cheaper cigars and when I want something nice I'll get a couple Cohibas, Punch, CAO, Gurkha, Rocky Patel, 5 Vegas or I pick up a CI sampler or 2. The Padrons I've had have all been good.

tgood

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My fave's tend to be Rocky 1992 and Vegas gold's from CI. Everyone's taste's are different though so your best bet is to start with one of the cheaper CI samplers and see what you like. If your sampler doesn't come with a Humidor you can get a gel pack or tube and put them in an airtight container like a gladware dish.
    If you really get into it I suggest the 5 Vegas humidor sampler. Plenty of room for your first Humidor. After that start buying what you like in bulk when they are on sale and keep them in large chest style humidor's with several gel tubes. They only get better with age.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ok. now we are talking my subject. i have found some really good deals from ci. drew estates has an excellent cigar called the egg( labled a 2 hour smoke). also the best sampler pack i ordered was a 15 pack for $49 5-Star You-Pick-Three Madness - Cigars International. the nubs are a really good choice, they retail for up to $10, but in the sampler they are under $4. also Montecristo Cigar Sampler Offer. has a three pack for $10.00. also recommend cigar haven ( huge selection, 113th & Allisonville)

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Acid Cigars, they are all good.

Acids are great cigars, but they're so expensive now days!

2 years ago I was able to buy boxes of Kuba Kuba for 80 bucks. Now they're twice that.

Believe it or not, the Thompson branded cigars, most specifically the red label, are decent cigars for the 1$ a stick price. Long filler, decent taste.

They're definitely my party cigar. Great to keep a stack of around, just in case your friends want to have a cigar while you do, but a good Onyx or Oliva would be wasted on their pallate.

Top Bottom