• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Noticed a few things in this thread.

1. Basically there is NO one that the libertarians support as no one will EVER be good enough. They do not want a human being. Rather, like the democrats, they are looking for a messiah to save them.

2. Christie is an establishment politician. It appears that the establishment has been looking for their next candidate. They want a governor and Christie is the only one who comes close to meeting their requirements. Frankly most conservatives, as well as libertarians, see him as only a little better than a democrat.

3. There seems to be a lot of "barracks lawyers" who have less than a good understanding of the law (to include Trump). Naturally born means that you are an US citizen who does not, nor has been in the past, naturalized. Cruz, Obama and McCain all were born of at least one US parent thus have full citizenship rights from birth (born with said rights). Yes it is easier to determine that one is naturally born if they were born on US soil. But as one is "naturally born" if they are born here (ie children of illegal aliens) so it is if you have US parents in the first place. I am not even sure that most lawyers really understand citizenship laws. Nor is it real clear that the laws have had a lot of court cases, thus SCOTUS decisions, to make them clear.

4. Most conservatives are not looking for a messiah, let alone a god-king. We simply want someone who has their head screwed on straight.

5. The democrats have done a very good job of divide and conquer. They are using social issues to create division. Then they march up the middle as the saviors with the solutions to the problems that they have created. And blame conservatives for creating the problems!

6. Conservatives, and libertarians are far worst, are very divided with little leadership. At the same time the democrats are very focused and do a very good job of keeping their divisions under tight control. If there is conflict in their ranks, it is dealt with. They vote, have one voice. No one speaks out. Even the Nazi party did not have this leave of control over their ranks.

7. As bad as it seems, there are seeds of hope. The democrats have a lot of weakness. Most of their "image" is just that, just for show. It is post modernism where nothing matters, nothing is real except the image that you desire. At some point even the situation gets so bad that the democrats can not even control it. What we must fear is that the people will call out for a messiah, a savior. That is how you get dictators. The people either seek G-D or they will create their own gods. We saw that in the French Revolution (and every revolution since). In the end, politics is not the answer. Rather the answer comes from within the people. So conservatives are not putting their hope in a political solution. The Moral Majority tried that and failed. Big lesson learned. Politics is a mere reflection of the spiritual. Instead of pushing a political solution, which most of the libertarians are still throwing back in our faces from the previous mistakes, it is far better to seek a spiritual one. Reach out to people, especially in the democrat control stated like the NE corridor. Plant church congregations. That is happening, very quietly. But evangelical congregations are exploding from DC to Boston. And the evangelicals are really bringing in Hispanics. One day the democrats will wake up to this but not now. Just remember that in the greatest despair comes the greatest hope. The opposite of this is also true. Obama allowed everyone to write their expectations on him. With great expectations come great disappointment.

This is not a religious discussion, so take the points as observations of how we Americans operate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Actually, maybe you should read it again as it differentiates between those who are citizens by birth (natural born) and citizens by naturalization. Cruz is a citizen by birth.

I see your point. I got lost in the zigzag through Obama while discussing Cruz.

While we are on the topic, perhaps we should require proof of eligibility in advance as we do for most everything else, including activities which are supposedly rights (by definition not subject to .gov interference).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lord, the stupidity abounds. He has satisfied the State of Texas, and the United States Senate that he is a natural born citizen, a citizen by birth, not naturalization. That's why it's called "naturalization" because it's the process to use if you're not "natural" born. This isn't rocket science. And the same with Obama, if the State of Hawaii says he was born there, according to law and the Constitution, he was born there, regardless of anyone's skepticism.

The only document Obama produced from Hawaii that did not show clear evidence of being a computer-generated fabrication was a short-form birth certificate which does not guaranteed birth in Hawaii. Hell, Sun Yat-sen had one with there being no question of the fact he was born in China. The short-form was more an identification document than evidence of local birth.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Cruz holds a Canadian passport AFAIK. It's going to be an issue. If we can't agree on this little ol' firearms site in a red state, just think what's going to happen when the ROW gets ahold of it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Although his re-election victory yesterday was pretty much expected, it was a blowout.

He's acceptable to many Democrats and Independents, but may not be favored by the Far Right.

Wouldn't it be nice to avoid the RNC Clown Contest and get just a couple of qualified governors to debate the real issues affecting out country in 2016 during the primaries?

I only have 2 questions of Christie: Is he healthy enough for the stress of 8 years in the White House? What is his real position on Gun Control?
    I don't have time right now to read this whole thread.
    I'll just say this..
    IF Hillary Clinton runs for president, she WILL win!

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Yes, because there is zero chance of Ted Cruz winning a national presidential race...especially against Hillary Clinton.

None.

Sorry folks, you may love him but that guy isn't going to get the electoral votes of any swing states that he would HAVE to win to hit 270. Cruz does well in polling of the Republican base but does NOT appeal to the suburban independents and moderates that are NECESSARY for a candidate of either party to win a national election.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Cruz would oppose all the freebies Hillary will promise.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Don't know if we'll ever see another R in the White House. The GOP can't promise as many entitlement programs as the Democrats will use in their campaigns.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cruz holds a Canadian passport AFAIK. It's going to be an issue. If we can't agree on this little ol' firearms site in a red state, just think what's going to happen when the ROW gets ahold of it.

I wouldnt vote for a dual citizen.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I can't keep track. Are the true conservatives the ones who want to control women's bodies? Or are they the folks who want to deny science and teach creationism instead? Or do they want to protect us from gay marriage? I'm glad they're busy keeping me safe from a nanny state.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I responded to a poll earlier today which asked (paraphrasing) who would be the WORST choice for president. There were 7 or 8 listed and Christie was one of them. He won! (The WORST choice) by several thousand!! So, he was at the top of the list of choices. (Rand Paul and then Ted Cruz were at the "bottom" of the WORST choice list. Traitor Hillery would never get my vote or that of almost everyone I've asked about her as Prez.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I can't keep track. Are the true conservatives the ones who want to control women's bodies? Or are they the folks who want to deny science and teach creationism instead? Or do they want to protect us from gay marriage? I'm glad they're busy keeping me safe from a nanny state.

They want to protect you from the dem nanny state so you can be in a GOP nanny state.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    True conservatives are the ones who know that the Constitution is still the only way to go. They are the ones who love and want to protect our country and her people. There are very few true conservatives in our government right now. We have Progressives in both parties. So, we have Democrats, Republicans (RINOs) and Constitutional patriots.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

A true conservative is a supporter of the republican system of government, the republic. The system that protects the public from the mob rule known as democracy, by limiting democracy with the rules laid out in the constitution.

They would not involve the federal government in any of those mentioned issues.
    Not many of these exist, even among the most highly praised of the libertarians.

A true liberal believes in using federal regulation, as supported by a majority, to force societal changes. The system that runs solely on mob rule and believes if the mob is right, the constitution is wrong.

They would seek legislation to either approve or outlaw the mentioned issues from a federal level.
    These are everywhere, on both sides.

I should clarify that neither of these need to be uniquely right wing or left wing, nor do they need to be totalitarian or libertarian. They are the characteristic differences of a belief in how the government should function, not issues themselves.
    Always remember, democracy is a dirty evil word.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I responded to a poll earlier today which asked (paraphrasing) who would be the WORST choice for president. There were 7 or 8 listed and Christie was one of them. He won! (The WORST choice) by several thousand!! So, he was at the top of the list of choices. (Rand Paul and then Ted Cruz were at the "bottom" of the WORST choice list. Traitor Hillery would never get my vote or that of almost everyone I've asked about her as Prez.

Basically no one is good enough. Everyone is flawed. YOu will never have the messiah that you want.

Maybe the answer is not in politics but within the people. Politics reflects the people. The people want Obama, they want a god-king. They do not want freedom. Face it, that is reality.

You have to go after those who vote for democrats, show them that freedom is more important than having a messiah.

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    True dat.... politics isn't the solution. I'd love to see a true conservative in office, but it's not going to happen. Politics has devolved to the point in this country that a person necessarily has to sell his soul, his base, and his principles to have a chance at being elected. Our hope lies in building communities, raising our children well, and insulating ourselves from the diseased culture.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    True dat.... politics isn't the solution. I'd love to see a true conservative in office, but it's not going to happen. Politics has devolved to the point in this country that a person necessarily has to sell his soul, his base, and his principles to have a chance at being elected. Our hope lies in building communities, raising our children well, and insulating ourselves from the diseased culture.

This. And a big, big wall.

Top Bottom